To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problems with internet while using bitcomet

whenever i'm downloading something on bitcomet, my firefox sporadically stops working. by that, i mean that i cant load webpages or it goes really slow. i usually keep hitting refresh until it starts working again. im on my laptop connected through my wireless linksys wrt54gs. is there anything i can do to fix this? any help is appreciated.

First off make sure your router has the latest firmware. Some of the older versions of the router could have trouble.

Did you limit your upload speed? Have you messed with the half-open connection setting? Also, do you have enough memory as BitComet will take more if its needed depending on your settings and Firefox is an obscene memory hog. FYI, htting the refreash button a bunch of times will only make it worse.

Let me rephrase that, did you try the LvlLord patch? If you did then perform a windows update weather you need it or not to undo the damage that patch causes. It's way out dated and tends to not work right. It will really screw things up if you hav XP Media Center Edition.

Well, another problem does seem to arise regardless of whichever P2P application you may use is that the wireless network connection speed attained by your Laptop tends to periodically deteriorate.

Sometimes, by simply repairing the wireless LAN connection, it tends to provide a temporary solution to this issue.