To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloaded files saving as bin files ?

RampageOC

this is a disc image.

.bin/.cue contain a cdrom disc, where the .cue is an instruction sheet for burning the .bin (disc image) onto a disc.

You can also mount these disc images on a virtual cdrom drive with a program like Alcohol 120% or deamon tools.

Any disc burning software can burn disc images.

A warning concerning the latest version of nero burning rom. It seems to have a problem with some bin/cue disc images.

Suspect

ps. assuming this is a video disc, you will need to enable overburning for disc images larger then 795mb in size, and a burner that supports overburn. I would recommend using Alcohol 120%

Thanks to the reply both .

The UnUsual Suspect

How come my files are not being downloaded as media player files or WinRAR files like thay was previously why has it only started happening today ? . How do i get them to be WinARA or Windows media/Nero show time files .

thanks .

You don't. The .torrent contains the files that it contains, and you can't change that. It's up to the torrent creator to designate the contents. Most sites will show you the list of filenames in the torrent, though.

So its nothing wrong at my end ? I know nothing about computer's not just a fool lol . Thanks for the reply . Also what ones am i best looking out for to get files in RAR or MP files . is it AVI ? also what others .

Ps this BIN FILES can i burn to to disk to watch on my standalone dvd player ? And is it the same process as burning other files and one last queston before i burn how do i view the file to find out if it good quality before i burn

thanks

as kluelos says, you are downloading the files as they were offered in the torrent.

I will add that most people perfer to download disc images, over video files as you have download.

In most cases, this disc, once burned to a cdr disc, can then play on your dvd player, or your computer.

I also recommend you view the files included in a torrent before you download it. This way you will not be supprised at its contents.

Suspect

ps. many release groups (such as t.u.s.), have gone through the extra work of providing ready to burn disc images to download. I'm sure once you understand how this works, you too will perfer to download such files.

The burn process isn't quite the same, particularly if you've got Nero SmartStart getting in the way.

The problem would be that you are thinking "movie", which is the wrong thing to think. Instead, think "disk image", and you should be ok. In the case of disk images, Nero doesn't know or need to know what it's an image of -- could be an audio CD, could be a video CD, could be a game, could be a bunch of MSWord files, could even be a MacOS or Unix distro -- it doesn't matter -- just burn the image.

Use the free VLC player from Videolan.org to watch it and see if it's good enough to burn to disk. VLC will play the movie directly, no need to even mount it on a virtual drive.