To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

help please =)

Lokgar

i saw the other topic with the guy having XP sp2, and the local iniation thing,ive done what the answer was and im still having problems with a really slow DL. the torrent itself has 170+ seeds and so i dont know why its going slow, and i have no router, because i dont need it yet. also if it helps i have DSL and i already set my upload speeds. apperntly according to another torrent program i have some NAT problem, any ideas to get rid of that?

Hi,

If you do not have any router, and only one computer using your internet connection, then you should not be having nat errors.

It is possible there is some conflict with the port you are using, have you tried changing your port?

I would use one somewhere between 50,000 to 60,000 more or less.

Suspect

thanks, alot for that im tring it right now, but azuerlus (how ever you spell it) had a yellow smiley so i ran there check and it said i had a nat thing, i did another scanner for same port and even then it said i had some nats blocking it or something liek that.

Edited:

its not working =( the speed for DL is 2 kbps, but im uploading @ 25, i see people downloading at 300 kbps on the same torrent, anyway to get as fast as them? my DSL goes 6 mbps

Azureus nat check is unreliable (even their own help files suggest this).

If you are running the torrent with unlimited upload speed, then I suggest you set your max upload to 80% of its current speed (be sure only one torrent is running)

This will free up some bandwidth for comunication with tracker and peers.

You should see a very noticable increase in download speed within a few minutes. It will take some expirmenting to find the setting that works best with your system.

Suspect

Bit torrent protocall is designed to provide more download to those peers that provide the most upload. However, if you use all your upload bandwidth to send data, your client will be slow to respond to requests and it will hurt your download speed. The idea is to get as much upload as possible without it harming your download speed. 80% is just a starting point.

Please also remember, bit torrent will only work if you maintain a 1.0 (or better ratio), so at extremely fast download would get you the files faster, but you would still need to be connected long enough to payback as much as you received.

Suspect

Here is a list of common ports that certain applications use...

http://portforward.com/cports.htm

You cannot have two programs using the same port.

Here is a site that has some good information on setting up your client, it was designed for azureus, but will work with any bit torrent client. Towards the bottom, there is a nat test, where you can put in your port number and test if its open.

http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

Give it a try

Suspect

the result "stealth" means it could not access your computer directly.

it would read "open" if it was able to connect through that port.

Are you sure your not using a router? or could your modem also be a router?

If your modem has more then one plug to connect computers, then its likely also a router.

Othewise, it maybe your firewall is interfering.

Suspect

my modem is a modem, must have a built in firewall, back when my router WAS plugged in i never had theseproblems but now my router died, so =(. im using XP SP2 firewall, and because i ordered my laptop from my school they wont let me disable the firewall but i thought i made the exeptioncs