To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DL Speed wont exceed 40kb/s

Anator

The title pretty much says it but i guess ill try and explain in more detail:

The problem i have is kind of weird. I currently have 5 or 6 torrents running on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I have not seen the client download at higher than 35-40kb/s (im on a 2mb line). Now heres the funny thing - when I stop all but one of the torrents, the remaining torrent now speeds up and levels off at around 35-40. Its like there is some invisible cap in place.

I am using a D-Link DI-604 router and the ports are forwarded ok and working.

BitComet is setup to have a 20kb/s upload cap and no download cap. Ive got max connections set to 200 and connections to keep set to 150.

Ive just tried the same setup on a XP machine on the same network and it gives close to the same results.

This problem is really starting to do my head and id appriciate any assistance anyone could provide.

Thanks

Do you really need to have 200 connections per torrent. NO

I have my max connections per task set at 50 and easily max out my 1.5 Mb/s download speed

Make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

if it does need a update you should export the router settings before you update the firmware which will save you the hassle of re-entering all your settings once you update.

also try lowering your upload cap to a nice even 16 kB/s for a while just as a test

It is possible that your ISP is throttling you. Who is your ISP???