To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

my downloads in bitcomet were removed when i reopened bitcomet now i cant get them back in, help please

bluenn5

I had three large torrent files downloading and i recently opened bitcomet to continue to download them and when bitcomet opened they were not there and i didnt remove any of them. Is there any way i can resume the downloading of these files. I didn't save it as a torrent file though so i'm real confused.

I'm not sure why your active torrents did not load when you restarted your bit comet.

It would be a good idea to run virus and addware/spyware scans, followed up by a good harddrive test (scandisc will do)

as for continuing your torrents, this is easy, just reload the torrent just as you did at first, your client will then scan your exsisting files (rehash) and continue the download.

Suspect

Information about current downloads is stored in the "downloads.xml" file in your BC program directory. When downloads in progress vanish it usually means this file was deleted or corrupted. If it was deleted it may be in the recycle bin and can sometimes be restored.

You should check the file's properties and assure that it isn't set to "read-only", as well.