To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Won't start at all

Indephysis

Bitcomet will no longer start at all on my computer. I'm unsure of what causes it, but right after I start it I get an error message saying that 0.70Bitcomet.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I can't find any bittorrent client that works as well as bitcomet, so I'm out of torrenting until I can get bitcomet to work.

Lets try cleaning some things up here.

First you need to uninstall BitComet. Then install and run this great freeware program www.ccleaner.com. Be sure to click on an ad on their main page before going to their download page.

This program will delete the "bc_cache" folder and clean a lot of old junk out of the OS without harming it.

Now do a fresh install of 0.70 and see how it runs.

You might want to install a 32bit version of windows as well.

If your computer is older, then windows 2000 or windows NT would be a good option.

You can setup either with multi boot, so you won't have to remove your win98.

Suspect

It's still not starting after uninstalling, running CCleaner twice on everything, and reinstalling. I even uninstalled, ran CCleaner, and installed in Spanish and it didn't work.

Suspect, I'd install something else but first, I'm already dualbooting with Xubuntu, and second, I'm almost out of RAM. Also, Bitcomet worked perfectly well before the mystery event happened.