To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

*.bc! is all I get

So I got your software and downloaded my first torrent... but all the files in the torrent have *.bc! extensions, which my computer does not recognize as belonging to >anything< :blink: So now I have like 150MB of files on my computer, none of which I can like actually use.

How do I turn the *.bc! files into you know like useable files?

You might actually look at some docs and settings. Just a thought.

BitComet optionally (note the optionally) renames incomplete downloads by appending the extension, ".bc!" to them while they're incompletely downloaded. Once they're complete, the name is changed back. This is so a directory listing will clearly show and segregate those files which aren't yet complete, and to save you the mistake of trying to use an incomplete file. You can disable this behaviour if desired.

You might actually look at some docs and settings. Just a thought.

BitComet optionally (note the optionally) renames incomplete downloads by appending the extension, ".bc!" to them while they're incompletely downloaded. Once they're complete, the name is changed back. This is so a directory listing will clearly show and segregate those files which aren't yet complete, and to save you the mistake of trying to use an incomplete file. You can disable this behaviour if desired.

Well, that answers that question and creates another. How do I complete the download? (I assume it's by using the "start" button...?)

I find it strange that our developers and staff spend countless hours in producing a product and supporting such product for FREE, and you make an attempt to use it, get confused about something simple, then make a post, and give up all in the time span of 42mins.

If you want to know how to use bit comet, all you need to know is posted in our forum.

If you want to learn about how bit torrent protocall works, then I suggest you start here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

We take our valuable time to write this stuff, I suggest you take your time and do alittle reading.

Then feel free to ask about what you don't understand.

Suspect