To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Slow speeed! Help!

Okay, i installed BitComet!

It worked fine for some time, good speeds (aprox 25-26 kb/s)

i have actiontech home dsl modem 256 kb/s

but recently my speeds are awfuly slow! (max 15KB)

i have win xp (no service pack)

running kaspersky internet security 6.0

why is it so slow? damn! i tryed searching similar topic in the forum (i found them, but doesn't help)!

torrents are healthy...

With a max download rate of 256kb/s, then 26kB/s is about as high as you can expect. 32kB/s is the max data transfer your modem will handle, but your downloading data will be somewhat less.

The most common reason for slow downloads is peers that run more torrents then their upload bandwidth can handle.

You might also want to cap your upload speed at 80% when downloading, if you havn't already.

I also would only run one torrent at a time, to prevent becoming part of the problem

Suspect

With a max download rate of 256kb/s, then 26kB/s is about as high as you can expect. 32kB/s is the max data transfer your modem will handle, but your downloading data will be somewhat less.

The most common reason for slow downloads is peers that run more torrents then their upload bandwidth can handle.

You might also want to cap your upload speed at 80% when downloading, if you havn't already.

I also would only run one torrent at a time, to prevent becoming part of the problem

Suspect

uhm, how do i do that!

as for setting your max upload rate, there is a "global" setting which sets the total upload that bit comet can use for uploading data, but I prefer to set each torrent when I start them.

When the torrent opens, click on the "advanced" tab and you can set the max upload speed.

If torrent is already running, then "right click" and find the setting from the menu.

Suspect