To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

sound and movie don't match

I dl a file and the sound is about ten or so seconds off the video. Being new to this I ended up with french subtitles somehow. I ran the gspot program and it say's it has the right codecs. I have a high end machine with a audigy 4 24-bit sound card. I do alot of gaming so my sound quality is up high. I think it is because of the subtitles but I'm new to this so I'll ask the experts. thanks!

some players can compensate for audio snyc, but it depends on what kind of files you have.

I suggest listing the full name and type of encode, as well as a link to the page you downloaded torrent from.

Also, what player are you using?

as for the french subs, this is usually in torrent name (fr) or FR sub.

Suspect

Not sure if this is what you mean. New to torrents.

File: Pirates.of.the.Caribbean.Dead.Mans.Chest.[TC].[DvD-RiPPeRS].[WwW.HQToRrEnTs.CoM].rar

I tried using divx player, nero showtime, and wmp. All did the same thing. Other stuff works fine, just this one file.

There are a lot of really bad torrents for this movie out there.

If you would like a good copy, my release group has two.

Both are encoded as KVCD (plays in most dvd players)

The first we made was done by Hockney, the second is by Blux. Both are tus encoders.

You can download them from our forum if you are a member, or demoniod, sladinki or most "dump" sites, such as mininova.

If you have Media player classic, I think you can add a "plus or minus" value to bring the audio into snyc, but if this is simular to some of the versions I've seen, the audio and video jump all around, so the only way to fix it is to redo the entire encode, and fixing really bad snyc issues could take many, Many, MANY hours.

Suspect