To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Need Some Help :D

i always see this in my bitcomet log

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding TCP Port Mapping!

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding UDP Port Mapping!

Windows XP UPnP Status: TCP Port Mapping Existed!

Windows XP UPnP Status: UDP Port Mapping Existed!

does it affect anything?

thx

I got a similar problem:

Windows XP WF Status: TCP Port is not opened in Windows Firewall.

Windows XP WF Status: add TCP port in Windows Firewall Succeed.

Windows XP WF Status: UDP Port is not opened in Windows Firewall.

Windows XP WF Status: add UDP port in Windows Firewall Succeed.

Update Local IP: 10.1.*.***

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: Found WANConnectionDevice [Microsoft] [http://www.microsoft.com/]

Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: WANIPConnection

Windows XP UPnP Status: WAN IP:

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding TCP Port Mapping!

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding UDP Port Mapping!

Now i can't download or upload anything :(

Edit: Don't ask me to change the settings of the router or anything, because simply put, i can't, if i can, things would have work out.

Hi there...

Sorry, >< Alot of topics are made every day, but we'll try our best to answer your issues.

Firstly, @ Makiyo: Do you use a router? Once you answer this, I can assist you with your specific questions. It looks as though your UPnP is switched on in your router, as well as in BitComet. Try disabling the UPnP option in BitComet if required. This will only be an issue to you, if you find that your download speeds are awfully slow, i.e. 10 kb/s

Secondly @ leecher: Unfortunately, lol...>< Yes, we will need to change the settings of your router. Because...it more or less seems to be your UpnP option being blocked. BUT, before we start heading into your router issues. I want you to check whether you have the UPnP service in your router.

This can be done by checking if your UPnP service is active in your router settings [You can alter your router settings by inputting the IP of your router into your browser].

Once you've enabled your UpNP service, make sure that your firewalls aren't blocking the UPnP. This is usually done by opening ports TCP 2869 amd UDP 1900.

Additionally, if you're using Windows SP2, you'll need to make exceptions to its firewall:

Start --> Control Panel --> Windows Firewall --> Exceptions (Tab), click the checkbox next to UPnP.

image010.jpg

If you're still having issues i.e. not being able to download/upload, then if required, please set up a static IP + portforwarding. >< I'll create a guide for this straight away, I'll place link here soon.

You will only need to do so, if and only if your download/upload rates are extremely low.

Though with standard procedure, it's always better to leave UPnP off. So i.e. Turn it off in BitComet (And Router settings if required). Since this usually causes collisions.

I see this in my BitComet log:

Windows XP WF Status: Not Supported.

Windows XP UPnP Status: divice not found!

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

What this means?

I use DSL with router.

Thenks.