To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

this FORUM is not sending back the email WRT lost passwords

bcuserbc

something is broken.

The forum software claims to send email back within 10 minutes to help recover a password.

I sent test mail via the servers my incoming emial has to transit, and they are all working.

I checked server logs to see if we had bounced any messages that might have come from here because of RBL listing of BC's email server, but, amid the tons of trash continually being rejected as "blacklisted", nothing looked as though it came from here.

I'll guess it hasn't been sent.

It sends the info to the email address it has on record for that particular account. If your email address has changed, or you go the login name wrong (in use by someone else), then the email won't go where you're expecting it to.

It sends the info to the email address it has on record for that particular account. If your email address has changed, or you go the login name wrong (in use by someone else), then the email won't go where you're expecting it to.

I had assumed that. The name I tried to use has posts that I *know* I made.

The email address that belongs to the user account here I requested password help for is working and still has not received the email.

No big deal, and starting another user name here with a different email address (not trying to be devious, just avoiding confusion...) is ok by me, but I figured if it was broken for sending to me, it may be broken for others, too.

• 7 years later...

Hi,

First thing I'd like to do is ask you to avoid necroposting. This topic was from 2006 and isn't remotely related to yours, different software, different log-in, and if you had made a new topic you could have saved me the effort of reading this entire thread before I realized I only had to read one post.

Second issue is you shouldn't post your email address in a public forum, hopefully I removed it before the spam-bots found it, but if you start getting an unbelieveable and uncontrollable amount of spam, you'll know why.

Regarding our forum login, it's now done through Comet ID and you can change your email as long as you still have control of your old email address, if you don't, then you have no way to prove it's actually your account, so there is nothing we can do.

Also, I recommend using a non-isp provided email for your accounts and you won't have this problem in the future. Get an account with yahoo, hotmail, gmail, or any other major email providers and use it for your login accounts. You should make sure to use the email regularly so it doesn't get purged

You can attempt to change your email at cometID.com, if it doesn't allow the change you can simply create a new account. For the forum account only I can change the email address but may cause problems with the way cometID is integrated into the system so you may end up being unable to log in.

Considering that you only just created your account a couple weeks ago and have only 2 posts, it might be easiest to just make a new one.

Also understand that if you do change your cometID login details you may end up with a new forum account since they are created automatically.