To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Extend file character limit

Ok, was trying to download a file that was over 140 characters (not including the extention) long and bit comet refused to download it giving an error saying, "No error Occured" followed by the file name and where it was going to be stored. The only way I could get around this is using a different torrent client, ie utorrent. I think this needs to be fixed. thanks

Actually, yes I have to agree with you Springy, basically um, what he was trying to say was that, the torrent name itself was very long, and if the name exceeds 20-30 letters, BitComet will refuse to open it, sometimes even saying that it's an error with Infohash.

Well, no thats is not what I mean, if the .torrent file has more than one file which is of length above 140 character, it will refuse to download it. So for example, if a torrent name is testing.torrent and contains files such as fsdafdsfsdafdsgsagdsgddsaduhgioudhsaouhdsapuhdgsaouigdsauhgsdhogdasohgsdaohgsdaousdgahdousaighusdhaghdsauhghhugsa.extension it will not download that file and give an error as what I posted in the first post. That is the error I got, which I don't think anyone has found, since this was like an one of case.

yeah i had the same problem once, was in an Anime OST, the filename was too long, something like this: artist - anime - album - song title - alternate song title.mp3

it didnt accept downloading that file n that file only..

yeah, I tried myself to rename the file, but it didn't work, so I had to use utorrent to download that file only. LOL

lol, i used azureus to download that specific file, n then i resumed the whole pack with bitcomet, it worked, it even hashed the file it didnt accept before without erroring! lost some percentage due to size package, but it continued it whole..