To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

not connecting

I left bitcomet for a short time and tried bitspirit, but came back to botcomet. now, I have started my downloads, but none of them will connect. I am using windows xp, with firewall disabled, and bitcomet 0.71.

I can not get anything to start downloading. can someone plz help me?

thanks

my wife is also using bitcomet (same router and modem, just different computer), and it's working fine for her.

I have not had this problem before

thanks

I left bitcomet for a short time and tried bitspirit, but came back to botcomet. now, I have started my downloads, but none of them will connect. I am using windows xp, with firewall disabled, and bitcomet 0.71.

I can not get anything to start downloading. can someone plz help me?

thanks

my wife is also using bitcomet (same router and modem, just different computer), and it's working fine for her.

I have not had this problem before

thanks

I am back to .70, but I still can't connect to any seeders or leachers. It's getting frustrating

I am back to .70, but I still can't connect to any seeders or leachers. It's getting frustrating

well what are you trying to download from which site, it might be bloked, cas of the private traker...it happens the same to me when I try to download from btzone or the torrent has no seeder or leachers and we consider it to be dead, try to check the health of the torrent you're trying to get...

I am trying to download from sites that I have not had any problems with in the past using BC. there are plenty of seeders and peers for the files, but I can't connect to any of them.

would the port have anything to do with it? right now I am on port 27129. I have clicked choose random port, but all of them have the same outcome, not connecting to any seeders or peers.

I try to download from Demonoid, torrentbox, bitenova, mininova, and demonseye.

thanks

From all of this, I would look first for a software firewall on your machine blocking outgoing traffic for BitComet. That would account for your wife having no problem, and for things having worked before but not now - in that the firewall treats the new version as a completely new program that it has no instruction to allow.

From all of this, I would look first for a software firewall on your machine blocking outgoing traffic for BitComet. That would account for your wife having no problem, and for things having worked before but not now - in that the firewall treats the new version as a completely new program that it has no instruction to allow.

As far as I know, I only have 1 firewall, and that is the windows xp firewall, which is disabled. I never had any problems with BC before. It's getting really frustrating for me. I don't know what else to try.

I am using avg free for anti virus and ewido anti spyware, but they was just installed yesterday, and this not being able to connect to seeders/peers problem has been going on for 4-6 days now.

thanks