To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

2 significant error found when using 0.71

ken1971

(1) I installed 0.71 and has some unfinished download file from 0.71.

When 0.71 said 100% download, I manually check the integrity of the files ( 4 of them), all have 0.5% size of file need to be re-download !!!!

(2) If 0.71 was to be run over about 1/2 hour, it's hard to normally "EXIT", I have to press ctr+alt+del to invoke the as-hang windows!!!!

I have 3 times cut off the power due to no-response and freeze of the windows.

Re-install 0.70 NOW...............

(1) I installed 0.71 and has some unfinished download file from 0.71.

When 0.71 said 100% download, I manually check the integrity of the files ( 4 of them), all have 0.5% size of file need to be re-download !!!!

(2) If 0.71 was to be run over about 1/2 hour, it's hard to normally "EXIT", I have to press ctr+alt+del to invoke the as-hang windows!!!!

I have 3 times cut off the power due to no-response and freeze of the windows.

Re-install 0.70 NOW...............

That's maybe the reason why I prefer v0.56!

1 malware found

Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.axb (virus)

M:\BitComet_0.71_setup.exe

I downloaded this file from the torrent link.

I haven't even been able to download from the torrent sites as they seem to be broken or my ISP or something is blocking them....

Besides that Peerguardian is even blocking this forum as part of 'go daddy software' for some reason. Anyone know why?

0.71 is not my favourite and with the new chinese? torrent information module being added and no way of using the old Ipfilter.dat I wonder where BitComet is going???

It's going kookie :blink:

1 malware found

Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.axb (virus)

M:\BitComet_0.71_setup.exe

I downloaded this file from the torrent link.

Where did you get that from? And which anti-virus found this?

I haven't even been able to download from the torrent sites as they seem to be broken or my ISP or something is blocking them....

Where are you getting your .torrents from? Do you make sure the .torrent have at least one seeder when you start it up?

Besides that Peerguardian is even blocking this forum as part of 'go daddy software' for some reason. Anyone know why?

Make sure you're not using any lists from Bluetack. Those guys are idiots who have black listed a lot of sites they shouldn't have. They even blocked The Pirate Bay.

0.71 is not my favourite and with the new chinese? torrent information module being added and no way of using the old Ipfilter.dat I wonder where BitComet is going???

Just stick with 0.70 for the moment.