To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Server Busy

The problem is also sometimes associated with Norton. Are you running that? It seems to be a script handling error at its core. Since IE is pretty notorious for this, try the same link in Firefox and see if it goes away.

• 1 month later...

I have been having the same problem, came to the forum to try and fix.

Very little luck. I am a firefox user, Nero is not running and I get this all the time if i hit switch to my start menu pops up if i hit retry it goes away for a little while but always comes back. Sometimes it make bitcomet crash all together

I have been having the same problem, came to the forum to try and fix.

Very little luck. I am a firefox user, Nero is not running and I get this all the time if i hit switch to my start menu pops up if i hit retry it goes away for a little while but always comes back. Sometimes it make bitcomet crash all together

i get the same error all the freaking time

what i noted is that this is due to some torrents, once the torrent is don downloading, the error stops, until another such torrent is encountered.

god knows what the problem is, but this is really annoying, i have to constantly i.e restart bitcomet every 5 minutes or so. i think i'll shift to another client.

I've been following this issue for quite some time now. There are several posts out there that says McAfee is the biggest reason. Well, it's definitely one of them but not THE one.

[McAfee users]

All you have to do is turn off your McAfee programs, that is disabling them. Then kill its processes in Taskbar. NEVER KILL PROCESSES UNDER System!! Only those under Administrator or your computer name.

I only have VirusScan. I kill all the processes except for oasclnt.exe because it will 'come' back if I do (no worries, u're doing no harm to the computer if you had accidentally killed it)

aite, that should work for u..

Oh, it's definitely a Windows problem, not just McAffee or Norton. Many other apps have reported the issue, not just BitComet or even bittorrent clients. Alas, no definitive answer.

Some have reported that deleting the contents of the Temporary Internet Files seems to clear it up, at least temporarily, as well.