To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I'm in Deep Trouble Now

arrow

In an attempt to figure out why BitComet won't work for me, I downloaded some f-secure and ssh software for port forwarding and made some changes. Now for some reason I cant go online through Internet explorer and cant log onto AIM among other things. I can still go to the internet via firefox though. What did I do to my computer?!? Help!! :(

No telling, really. What you can do is uninstall stuff. Use Add/Remove Programs, sort the list by install date, and get rid of all the stuff you added. Then ..wait, it's generally cause for happiness when IE doesn't intrude all the time. Anyway, try the nonworking things again, and if they still don't work, you'll need to try reinstalling Windows.

It's prob your firewall blocking these programs.

It's also not a good idea to install security software in an attempt to unblock other security software, as you will only make matters much worse.

If you have more then one firewall installed, you need to deactivate one, and properly adjust the other, or remove all of them and install only one (after your programs work properly.

Suspect