To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Please Can You Help

dan_jc

ive been downloading a ps2 game since 12, its now 9 hours later and its only 50% im using a adsl router connected wirelessly, i just read on bit comet faq it reads :

To got the best speed, BitComet need a public listening port as other p2p applications do. But if you are behind a DSL router or use Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), you need manually config a port mapping (a port forwarding from gateway/router to your computer). It is usually a boring task. BitComet takes advantage of the UPnP technology as what MSN Messenger does, it will automatically config the port mapping for you as soon as the download task begins. Please note that: UPnP is only supported in Windows XP or above, and your hardware router must support UPnP and enable it, too. By default, BitComet won't release the portmapping when exit. You may config it in Options->Advanced->Connections Dialogs.

How do i do this and find out??

thanks.

I recommend you disable Upnp port mapping and setup port forwarding yourself (much more relyable)

Portforward.com has guides with graphics for most routers.

You should also set a static IP address in windows, they have a guide for that as well.

Suspect

ps. select a port between 50,000 to 60,000