To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

No download on Uni network

JonRudd19

Hi there,

Im wondering if anyone has had the same problem, i have used this laptop with the same install of bitcommet a week ago on my home network and now moving to uni i cant do any thing it doesnt find any seeds or peers so im stuck, to put it politely.

I have herd about "tunnels" but only have a rough idea how they work and dont no the best one to use or how to set it up for bit commet. is a tunnel the cure or am i barking up the wrong tree.

I dont think the network im on has a proxy as i dont have to put any details into my internet settings, any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Jon

You could try disabling your listening port, but if that works, your downloads will be very slow.

The only way I know of to avoid this is to get your network admin to provide you a listening port (perhaps a case of cold beer would be a sufficiant bribe, unless you happen to know some cheerleaders)

I have a friend who has her bit torrent download done at her home PC then she can download directly from her home PC using a secure server program (she uses "Waste" from sourceforge), it is both free and secure, and makes setting up a private network between friends very easy.

Perhaps other staff/members here can suggest a better way to use bit torrent on your school network.

Suspect