To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

pissing me off

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

how annoying....... ive been using bc since version 0.53 and had to reinstall windows 2 weeks ago. we have 2mb bb so downloading usually isnt a problem, at least it wasnt until then. i am pretty sure that everything is setup correctly and that i have all the latest drivers.

my spec 4 pc are, 2.8 ghz celeron , 640 meg of ram, i have a graphics card but i dont think i need to list that as it has no effect on downloading. im not running the most up to date version of bc , thats because im still using the one i had b4 the reinstall.(0.70) now. i have capped upload speeds to 10kb, this is how it was b4 and was fine. the listening port i am using is 60002. i have to point out that everything WAS fine b4 the reinstall ie all my wires and modem r fine i didnt touch them. windows firewall isnt even turned on, and norton is configured correctly.

can any 1 pls hlp......

picton julow.

thnx

ps . i forgot to mention that i also am running xpsp2, and oh yes, i have a 360 connected now but its not on( all the time anyway.) it is connected to the back of my pc using an crossover ethernet cable, ie it could be called a small network if u like.

and yes ... i forgot to mention the speed i am getting..... its 4kb if im lucky, its a healty file 7884% and theres 17/150/ seeds/peers. (this is just an example all files are similar)

The first question regarding slow speed is, do you show any peers as REMOTE connections? If they are all either LOCAL or NAT, then you have a problem with your listen port -- which accounts for the majority of speed problems. Resolving this is dealt with in the FAQ.

i have a similar problem, my download speed has gone down dramitacally, but my upload is way high, i tried lowering my max upload speed, but that just made my download even slower

oh, yeah, um most are "local" but one is NAT so its not that, i use avg free, i have peerguardian, sbybot SD, cable broadband that is supposed to go up to 3mbps but tests say its about 600kbps download and upload is like 200 kbps. i have the conection patch thing set to 50

am i missing anything else?

Assuming you are not talking about downlading speed during peak hour...

If your completion percentage is less than 10% or over 90%, my observation is that download speed maybe quite low probably because there is not much exchange going on between you and peers. At the beginning, you do not have much to share with others. At the end, you got most of the data and getting difficulty to get what you want from limited resources (peers).

By the way, your uploading rate is too low considering you have 2MB bb, try increase it as you are underutilize it. My observation is that the more that you send out, the more that you get back, so increasing the upload rate may speed up the exchange. Unfortunately I don't know whether this is true or not.

The only version that I have been using is 0.70 so that is my limited experience to share.

K.C

Yeah, it's that. Read again: if you have no REMOTE initiations, then your listen port is being blocked by a firewall, which will greatly slow you down.

For speed problems, this is always the first thing to check. No remotes = listen-port problem. Indeed, so is the presencd of any NAT initiations. If they could reach you directly via your listen port, they don't bother to traverse. Your listen port is blocked.

Yeah, it's that. Read again: if you have no REMOTE initiations, then your listen port is being blocked by a firewall, which will greatly slow you down.

For speed problems, this is always the first thing to check. No remotes = listen-port problem. Indeed, so is the presencd of any NAT initiations. If they could reach you directly via your listen port, they don't bother to traverse. Your listen port is blocked.

How can you find if you have no REMOTE initiations. I checked the FAQ but as far as I can see it´s not mentioned. I have the same speed problems, where there are a lot of peers and seeds (over 300) but my download rate is avg 3kB and my upload rate 40 kB.

Can anyone tell me please?