To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

it about netenforcer bittorrent encryption

iXion

hi there

i m new guy here. but i have read many forum say bittorrent encryption is not working anymore in the future maybe cause they have develop some kind new encryption it call netenforcer. so i hope in future bitcomet can come up new solution for this. :unsure: maybe............ thank you

EDIT:

here is new information

http://torrentfreak.com/netenforcer-thrott...orrent-traffic/

This is more of a farce. Every aspect of the encrypted BitTorrent traffic is encrypted. So at most all this thing does is slow down encrypted traffic. And its quite foolish because they're only going to force Azureus & µTorrent to develop a better encryption and BitComet will be right there with them.

I've been getting lousy speeds with BitComent lately (since started last few month or so). Been getting like 0K/s~1KB/s all the time (total downloads!), best was 5KB/s randomly. Then I began to notice that I've downloaded more from uTorrent peers than bitComet peers!! :dots:

After some friends recommend uTorrent, I tried it and download speeds picked up significantly (minimum was at least 10KB/s). I wondered, what's going on? :wacko:

Noticed that after installing new 0.70, my encryption becomes "Auto" (previously was "Always"). BTW, even after setting this back to "Always", I'm still getting terrible speeds... meanwhile my newly installed uTorrent still manages good speeds. :glare:

Is it the some of the peers weren't running encryption (ie. due to BitComet changing encryption to Auto after installing new version)? Or is there something wrong with BitComet? :unsure:

I vote that all future releases of BitComet should have encryption "Always" by default. :rolleyes:

Note: My ISP blocks torrent protocol so my encryption is Always on. :P

• 1 month later...

I've been getting lousy speeds with BitComent lately (since started last few month or so). Been getting like 0K/s~1KB/s all the time (total downloads!), best was 5KB/s randomly. Then I began to notice that I've downloaded more from uTorrent peers than bitComet peers!! :dots:

After some friends recommend uTorrent, I tried it and download speeds picked up significantly (minimum was at least 10KB/s). I wondered, what's going on? :wacko:

Noticed that after installing new 0.70, my encryption becomes "Auto" (previously was "Always"). BTW, even after setting this back to "Always", I'm still getting terrible speeds... meanwhile my newly installed uTorrent still manages good speeds. :glare:

Is it the some of the peers weren't running encryption (ie. due to BitComet changing encryption to Auto after installing new version)? Or is there something wrong with BitComet? :unsure:

A lot of BitComet members do not change the default settings for some reason. :blink: If I understand things correctly µTorrent first tries to connect using the encrypted method then tries the normal way. I have no idea what BitComet does but they use the same encryption. Just set it to always and set DHT to start up right away to find peers.