To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can we use more than 1 client?

afterall

hi do you know if its possible to use/have more than 1 client in your PC? can both programme share the same port and portforwarding details, or you add more in that NAT edit part?

thanks.

oh and i'm pretty sure i get everything right, i can download with 80kb/s (which is fantastic for me, i always get like only 10kb/s) but still when i test the port it's failed all the time. i did turn the firewall off. do we put external IP or the real IP in the NAT edit part?

thanks a lot.

They can use the same port just as long as you don't have them running at the same time. Seting up a couple of port won't hurt your security. :)

But you can keep many clients on your PC. I have µTorrent, Azureus, BitTornado, & BitComet installed. And I used to have Kazaa aswell.

thanks a lot. so what about the IP at the portforwarding/NAT, which IP do i put?

just another stupid question, why do you need so much clients? and which one is the best to you?

oh and what the fastest speed of DL u can get?

sorry i'm totally new. thanks

You can use any port for port forwarding, just use above 30,000 at least to avoid conflicts. B)

I use all those for various reasons. I use µTorrent the most because of it's low system resource and great performance. I use Azureus for many reasons at times, mostly for my stuffer regex scripts & other peer/client banning options. I use BitComet to cheat, yes I admit it freely. And I use BitTornado for Super seeding (don't use this option unless you know exactly how it works) and private .torrent security because it only has PEX.

I get roughly the same download speed with each client.

which is....??

i'm using bitcomet and i quite like it so i dont think i will change. my friends recommended emule but it looks SO unpretty (important to me) but they're good to get ...personal stuff so i'm trying to set it up right. do you have the configuration for emule?

thanks a lot

emule is a different network all together. My speeds are different on every .torrent. On one I can get 300+KB on one I'm currently downloading I'm getting around 6KB download. I know I get similiar speeds because I've stopped a .torrent in once client and opened it another for awhile.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can pretty much do it with any of the big three clients.

I cheat the swarm into giving me a fast download quickly with a low ratio that is not reported to the tracker, as that would cause the swarm to snub me. When I'm done I reload the .torrent normally and share back to the swarm to a 150% - 200% ratio. :ph34r:

And no I'm not telling how I do this. :shutup2: :P And it does not involve hacking the client either. :police: