To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

No remote

videofreak

I read everything about this topic on forum, I tried everything you write but my problem is different. I have cable conection 512 k, Windows SP2 with firewall exception for Bit Comet, NOD 32 antivirus. Modem is Scientific Atlanta - Webstar EPC 2100, no router. My download speed is from 6k to 50k. But even if is 50 k there is no more remote peers, only local. I have Bit Comet 0.70. Before 2 weeks I have remote and local and have DL speed 50 k for single torrent, now I can have that speed only if I put 2 or 3 new torrents with lot of peers. For example before two weeks for new torrent I have 50 k speed, today only for new torrent max 10-15k. I didn't touch anything in setings, max upload is 16k i I do seting like in the guide. Very often I have DL only 7-8k but upload max. if I set 16k is 16k if I put 20 k is 20k. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Thanks in advance

If you have no remote initiations, this will greatly slow you down. If listening mode is active (you'd have had to intentionally turn it off for it not to be active) then you have a firewall blocking your listen port. You must figure out what it is, and create a rule for your listen port on it, for both TCP and UDP.

If you have no remote initiations, this will greatly slow you down. If listening mode is active (you'd have had to intentionally turn it off for it not to be active) then you have a firewall blocking your listen port. You must figure out what it is, and create a rule for your listen port on it, for both TCP and UDP.

I check on the site www.canyouseeme.org and it sais that the port is open and firewall is not blocking. I use listening port 65000. This morning I have one Remote and one NAT Traversal and about 20 local.

Hi,

I'm just reviewing your topic, and although I don't use Nat Traversal, I don't think you need it without a router, so if you have it enabled, try disabling it.

Another thing you can try is to lower your listening port a bit. I have read many theories on which ports are best with bit torrent, and some articles suggest between 50,000 to 60,000, while others suggest a slightly wider range, but one thing they ALL have in common is this range, so I always recommend it.

As for your speed, your not going to get much over 50kB/s because that is near the max your ISP provides. It is also possible that the torrents you have run lately are not connected to fast seeders. With bit torrent you can only download data as fast as the peers send it to you.

The most common reason for slow downloading is people that run multiple torrents, so their already limited upload rate is divided among many peers, so they think they are being a good peer, but are infact slowing everyone down who connects to them. Very few home users have enough bandwidth to run more then one or two torrents without bogging down people.

Suspect