To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Login

Rania

Hi! I am new with bitcomet. I installed it yesterday, version 0.73, and while I can find everything I can't start the download. I 've checked all the similar topics in this forum, FAQs, but I haven't find anything related. :huh: I 've done everything all "how to"sections said while installing. Still nothing!

At the bottom of bitcomet's desktop there's a small message saying "Not loginned in". What's that supposed to mean? How do I login? I do have Norton but bitcomet isn't obstracted by the firewall.

What's wrong? :angry:

thanks in advance! B)

:welcome: Rania.

Do yourself a favour, please downgrade your BitComet to the latest STABLE version (which is .70). :)

I tell you this as, with versions newer than this one, a lot of users have reported many 'bugs' that still need to be resolved - so it's likely that you will encounter less problems with it.

If, however, you still wish to keep .73, there is a specific area pinned for versions .71,.72 and.73 within the forum.

Luck :)

Regards,

cassie

Hi! Thanks for the advice!

I have just installed and launched .70. And it does appear to be a little more stable. However, now I get the message at the bottom "DHT is not connected".

I already have given internet access to Bitcomet through the firewall but still not even as much as a blink! There 's absolutely no traffic.

I am connected through a Uni LAN, is there any chance that there is problem with proxy or denied access? And how do I find and correct that!

Thank you very much for already answering me once!

Your firewall might need you to allow UDP access. You should also make sure it recognizes BitComet 0.70 instead of 0.73. If you're behind a Uni firewall you might need to set encryption to always and NAT Traversial to auto detect as well. Depending on how bad they might be you might need use a proxy for tracker communication.

What firewall are you using?

I am using Norton's firewall. But as I said before, I have already set "Bitcomet"to "Allow" list.

How do I do that? :

...allow UDP access. If you're behind a Uni firewall you might need to set encryption to always and NAT Traversial to auto detect as well. Depending on how bad they might be you might need use a proxy for tracker communication.

I must also say that there is a LAN firewall from the Uni network.

Thanks anyway.