To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Need help plz

slashrules

Hey, I just got a dvd burner today. Well the thing is that it says it's a DVD+R and when i went to the store to get some dvds i found out that there's also DVD-R. What's the difference between the 2? and can i use the one I have to burn movies i downloaded with bitcomet? also can I download movies that have a menu like the original dvds (language, scences,etc.)? Well, that's pretty much it...thanks and plz answer :)

The only difference is the way it burns the files. After a disc is burnt and closed, it will play back on any dvd player or drive.

Many burners will burn +r and -r discs, if yours burns only +r, then you need to buy only +r discs.

As for downloading full dvd torrents with extras and such, yes, there are some torrents for this, but they are not popular due to size. Most people prefer to download KVCD movies*, or divx/Xvid (will only play on special dvd players).

Here is some info on KVCD from tus kvcd group.

Why kvcd???

A commercial dvd is approx 8,000mb in size (far to big to download quickly), and needs to be "shrunk down" to fit a dvdr disc (4.38gb) Still to big to download quickly.

KVCD is encoded to be burnt onto a standard cdr disc, and when played on a dvd player provides almost as good video quality as the orignal dvd, and with an approx size of 800mb.

You might wonder how kvcd can encode a movie at 1/10 the size of a dvd and still look good.

The answer is complex, but suffice it to say that kvcd is set to display direct to your tv screen so no resolution is lost in providing pixals that cannot be displayed. It also uses complex software to create a varible bit rate, this way it improves quality of video for parts of the film that require it, and lowers bit rate for parts that don't.

Creating kvcd is an art, and not all kvcd downloads are equal.

Tus kvcds have become known as the best world wide, and we have a strong following, and all our torrents are well seeded. 

so because of the huge size, and being unpopular, you really could download dozens of movies in the time it takes to get one full dvd.

If I like something enough to want the full dvd, I just buy it.

Suspect

ps. tus releases on mininova <--- click me

thanks a lot for answering so quickly. So if I download KVCD movies I'll be able to watch them on my tv right? So what I need to do is just buy dvds that are DVD+r and not the ones that are DVD-R and I'll be just fine...right :S? K so im downloading a KVCD movie right now...what do I do when it's done, how do I burn it? what program will I need? And there's also something else, I have a modded ps2, can I download ps2 games from bitcomet and play them on my ps2 or do I need some kind of special dvd burner for that? Thanks again and plz answer

ps. almost forget... what is tus? is it the same as KVCD???

You can burn your KVCD movies with Nero, or alcohol 120%.

If you use nero seven, some versions have a problem with .bin/.cue disc images, so get their latest update version 7.5.1.1. I can send you links for that if you like.

Yes, you are correct about your burner needs DVD+r discs, unless it says it will do DVD-r

However, KVCD will need a CDr disc NOT a DVD.

CDr discs will play highly compressed video much better then dvdr discs. Most DVD players will play KVCD but your PS2 will NOT, or at least a stock PS2 will not.

As for games, you should be able to play downloaded games since yours is modded. One of our staff at tus says he likes the "case mods" better then "chip mods", but I don't use ps2 myself.

Regarding "Tus" (the usual suspect), we are a release group that make movies, all encoded as KVCD.

We are well known for quality and relyability. So much that people like the MPAA have been making fake tus torrents to disrupt bit torrent users. They are easy to spot (so far) as they are all .rar, we never release our films in .rar.

Suspect

hi, I'm looking at the guide on how to burn KVCD and it says I need nero 6 or 7...where can i get them from? I thought i had nero 6 but i can't find the burning rom feature so im guessing mine is not nero 6. Plus when i downloaded the upgrade for nero 6 to nero 7 nothing happened so I'm kind of confused right now :S also, can I burn KVCD into a DVD-R? Could anyone plz help me? thanks a lot.

ps. oh and what kind of movies can i burn into DVD-R discs? cause my mum just got me a 50 disc pack :S

as for dvdr discs, they are great for backing up data, but not as good for recording video.

You can convert kvcd to dvd, but it could take a couple hours, and the file sizes will increase considerably, and the quality will go down.

I suggest you buy some cdr discs.

your dvdr discs will also come in handy for copying dvd movies as well.

I will send you some links to get nero.

Suspect

I did it! got myself a pack of cdr and I totally burnt xmen3 :) now I can watch it on my tv...sweet. As for the dvd-r...can I use them to burn ps2 games? or do I need dvd+r?

ok so I wanna download a dvd (actually I have to cause it's for my cousin and my aunt asked me to) with the menu and everything. I now it's gonna take for like forever and everything but anyways, what I wanted to ask you is how do I burn a dvd? i know how to burn KVCDs now but not DVDs. Plz answer thanks! :)

ps damn! i just realized i posted twice in a row! sorry about that it won't happen again :S

You can burn dvd with virtually the same method as the kvcd.

Most dvd will be in a disc image (.iso) or possible mdf/mds, or .nrg, however, if it is a bunch of files in a "video_ts" folder, then you can burn with nero express, select video (not disc image), then dvd files on your hard drive, then select all the files and it will burn to your dvdr disc.

dvd-r and dvd+r are identicle after they are burnt, so you only need to buy which ever your burner uses. Some burners will do either.

If you want to burn ps2 or other game discs, I suggest you get Alcohol 120%. It will burn some things that nero will not.

Mininova or any major torrent site should have it, your you can download a trial version direct from the publisher.

Suspect

ok so I downloaded a ps2 game and got a bunch of rar files so what I did was extract them, but there are also a lot of files that say .r30, .r31, .r32, .r33. etc. and I don't know what they are or what to do with them cause aparently my computer does not recognize them, so I could really use some help. Thanks bye

ps. oh! and I also got a .sfv file

EDIT: no worries! turns out I didn't really need those files (still don't know why they are there tho), I just needed the rar files! :) thanks anyways bye

to answer you last question, the r01 etc. are part of the same .rar archive. You opened them the same time you opened the .rar.

Now, you downloaded a "Cvcd"?

As far as I know, "Cvcd" is spanish for Kvcd, but I could be wrong. wikipedia lists it as "compression video cd" but only in a spanish section. It could be a video encoded in Kvcd if there is just an Mpeg file, although ALL tus releases are made into a disc image ready for burning.

Our encoders use "Vcd easy" to make .bin/.cue disc images of our kvcd movies, but nero will do it as well. I don't have a step by step guide prepared, but if you go into nero express, select make a VCD, and enter that where it says to add video, it should work fine.

If you see an option, or message concering it not being vcd compliant, this is normal, because kvcd uses varible bit rate, where vcd is constant, so just select continue, or what ever you need to burn it as is.

Do NOT attempt to make it compliant, or it will either not fit your disc, or look horrible, or both.

Suspect

Hey, I just downloaded a ps1 game (final fantasy vii) and just wanted to know if I can burn ps1 games to DVDs or if it has to be a CD, cause I already burnt it to a cd and it doesn't work! don't know why. Well, the game has 3 image files. Help plz! thanks bye.

I just downloaded a movie and it says it's a DivX but it also says that it's a windows movie and the icon is a golden-yellow disc...how do I burn that if I wanna watch it on TV?

divx (.avi files) will not play on most dvd players. You can buy a special player that will support such files (I use a philips dvp 642), which is very good price and plays most any disc I stick in it.

You can reencode your video, I posted a guide for doing this with nerovision.

Keep in mind that this process will take 1 to 10 hours, depending on the video and your systems speed.

Also, a 700mb .avi file will require nearly a full DVDr disc unless you reduce bit rate (which will effect quality)

Suspect

• 2 weeks later...

It's many years since I used a PS1 but regarding your PS1 games and a bootable disc/disc loader,I think what I used to do -lift the lid on your PS! and you'll see a button what the lid pushes down when closed,hold this down with a pen and load an original game,start up your PS1,when the game boots change it with copied game...just saves getting a boot disc.....

Well being a cool person I have a game shark for my play station, one that plugs into the back serial port one the second version of the grey playstation. So I boot up my game shark do whatever with it then swap over to what ever I wanted.

This is much harder with the PS2 but the same rules apply if you're using the game mods or you can buy swap magic or a mod chip.