To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Excess download

djc

Gidday all

Searched for a link for my drama but had no joy.

I have downloaded several avi files around 350mb each but the summary tells me i have done

arond 450mb total download,and even when i dont have an active d/l or u/l i still seem to be

downloading and uploading god knows what

I am using bc .70

I'm not sure If I'm understanding you, but it is possible that you are having hash failures and some data is being dropped. It is also sometimes necessary to download more then the file if you selected only one part of a larger torrent.

As for continued download/upload after torrents are stopped, this is normal, but should be very little, and should stop after the tracker updates all the peers.

Suspect

Sorry, just read back my post that was a little unclear. Thay were all seperate torrents downloaded one at a time at around 350mb in which i had at least 150mb extra on each download. No hash fails or dumped data according to the summary

I'm having the same problems, I'm downloading a file that is 462 MB and so far I've downloaded 511 MB in total (with 3MB of rubbish dropped), but the file only says it is at 58.5%.

Can anyone let me know whats going on, I'm on dial up so this is a real pain.. Is it possible to salvage what I have so far or am I just out of luck?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thats really wierd, does anyone know if that Total Downloaded stat includes overhead?

-if it does then that's a whole lot of overhead :blink: :o

I'm not sure.. I can't see having THAT much overhead, especially on dialup. So far I've downloaded 723MB of a 462MB file, and all I've been doing is downloading that one file. The good news is it says its at 87.7% so hopefully it will be done soon.

BTW I'm also using .70

Break open the piggy bank and go broadband if you can get it nemesis 73. I am downloading as we speak and still getting that excess mb. We both need an answer to this one because i for one hate being shaped. Is this a torrent or client issue i wonder.

Gidday all

Searched for a link for my drama but had no joy.

I have downloaded several avi files around 350mb each but the summary tells me i have done

arond 450mb total download,and even when i dont have an active d/l or u/l i still seem to be

downloading and uploading god knows what

I am using bc .70

Me encountered the same problem!

I was downloading a 178MB file, but the "total download" in Summary tag showed me

I had downloaded 210MB with zero data drop! :blink:

Is it another bug in BC v0.7?