To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vista problems

MasterDocious

I have Windows Vista Beta 2 and every time I attepmt to start a torrent with BitComet it gives me an error but now I cant seem to produce the error because it is now saying that the torrent already exsists...But the torrent hasn't even been added to the download part yet! Maybe this has been gone over already but is BitComet compatible with Vista yet?

First thing, you havn't identified witch version of bit comet your using.

Second, your using a beta operating system, so you should know to expect these things.

If you are using one of our stable versions of bit comet, then you can be pretty sure the problem is with your o/s.

Suspect

Uninstall BitComet. Then reinstall BitComet to the My Documents folder instead. That should clear up a few problems. Also, do not try messing with the half-open connections limit. Vista is actually new OS believe it or not and that old stuff can cause serious problems.

Im using the NON beta BitComet.

Please note that although versions .71 to .73 are NOT beta releases, they are NOT considered to be stable, and we have had numerious reports of problems.

If you have one of these, then please go back to version .70 for the time being, and post your problem in the pinned topic specific to those versions (will help our developers by keeping all problems in one post)

Suspect