To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet vs. limewire

htazn15

when i use limewire to download stuff, the speed reaches up to 150 and stay aroud 130 kb/s.

and when i use bitcomet, the speed is never stable, it goes up and down quite often and the max speed is around 75 kb/s. i dont get it, the file i'm downloading always have a lot of seeders but the speed is always slower than limewire, why is that

torrent speed can vary greatly, depending on many factors, including the speed of the other peers upload.

The most common reason for slow torrents is people that run multiple torrents, therefore giving very limited upload to any peer.

in general, with 8mb/s broadband, I get speeds from 50-800kB/s

although I have pleased at any torrent runs over 100.

I think bit torrent is superior to limewire. For one thing, I know several people that have gotten nasty viruses and spyware from limewire.

When downloading music, I generally download a bands complete discography, so bit torrent is the way to go, but if you just wanted one song from a band, limewire would be better then picking just one file from a large torrent.

you can always use both.

Suspect

what he said but adding to that ... limewire not only has a few unsafe files, it also has an awful lot of plain rubbish files. what i meen by that is bad quality recordings taken from the radio, bits of songs missing and so on. but then again, you are getting the files for free, what can you expect really: the artists to do a live performance in your living room? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

limewire does no check if the file is a virus or not however it is easy to recognize 90% of the viruses, their only have a few kb.If you are searching for a iso file and you get a archive of 100kb, or if you search for music and you get a exe of 57kb something is not right.How ever limewire has some advantages when you want to get only 1 file or a very popular program or a old version.How ever limewire is not a alternative to bittorent as it is a alternative to DC++.

• 3 weeks later...
limewire does no check if the file is a virus or not however it is easy to recognize 90% of the viruses, their only have a few kb.If you are searching for a iso file and you get a archive of 100kb, or if you search for music and you get a exe of 57kb something is not right.How ever limewire has some advantages when you want to get only 1 file or a very popular program or a old version.How ever limewire is not a alternative to bittorent as it is a alternative to DC++.

uh your example of cd images being a mere 100kb's is inaccurate.... i have a 650~ mb cd image of settlers 2 next generation and it rars itself up to 170kb approx~ its a fixed image but so what... its mentioned only to prove that what you said isnt exactly accurate.

limewire and bitcomet are from different software categories and should not be compared with each other directly

uh your example of cd images being a mere 100kb's is inaccurate.... i have a 650~ mb cd image of settlers 2 next generation and it rars itself up to 170kb approx~ its a fixed image but so what... its mentioned only to prove that what you said isnt exactly accurate.

limewire and bitcomet are from different software categories and should not be compared with each other directly

sorry for not being more explicit here is a practicle exemple i searched for "civ 4"(civilizations 4) and i got this:

civs.jpg

And this:civexe.jpg

and this:

civzip.jpg

I meant that viruses are usually only a few kb (100+,200+,300+,400+,etc less then 1-2MB) in size, if you get a exe or archive of few kb instead of something that should be a few hundred mb ....