To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Urgent

cee-bee

Okay, from the couple of comment's i have seen on here the experts say it is best to downgrade to Bit comet version.70, as it is more stable. i am currently using version .73, and i want to know if it is advisable to keep using it, plus i tried uninstalling version .73, but there were still some folders in the c:/drive, then i manually tried to delete version .73 from my system, but it won't budge either, it say's could not delete coz the file/programe is in use. help plz how do i downgrade or delete .73 fully so as to install version .70. Thanks

You should stay with 0.70 pretty much until further notice, or you start seeing favorable comments on the forum about a newer version, or see a stable version offered at the main site.

It's usually not necessary to uninstall the previous version, even when downgrading. Just install the other version right over the current one. This will also keep your settings and downloads-in-progress intact.

For referrence, this is windows file protection that is blocking you from deleting files/folders.

This feature is horrible, and often blocks moving/deleting files for no apparent reason.

You can disable WFP, but I don't recommend doing this unless you are confident in your knowledge of using comouters and won't try to delete files without closing programs using them first.

Suspect