To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Global Max upload slots interrogation ?

Jago

Hi all,

I have a question;I have a connection with a max up speed of 128 kb/s so, I configured BC max up speed to 12 kB/s.

Now, in "Bitcomet Settings Guide" makes by Bitdave, he says that about the Global Max upload slots:

"Try to set this so each peer gets at least 3 KB/s"

So in my case, I have to configure it to 4: 12 / 4 = 3 kB/s to each peer.

But, the Auto config. of BC doesn't show 4 but shows 5 (I verified that in "Statictics" tab) as Max upload slots ! (12 / 5 = 2.4 < 3 kB/s).

So what I have to choose, 4 or 5 ???

Thanks in advance.

Edit: little rectification in the end of the text.

I only said try to have 3 KB/s for each upload slot. It shouldnt make too much of a difference for you whether its set at 4 or 5. Although the automatic setting puts the max at 5, Bitcomet may never actually open that many slots if you dont have enough bandwidth. If you look in the peers tab Im sure you will only find that 2 or 3 of the peers will have the capital U(uploading) flag. Make sure with that type of connection that you only run 1 torrent at a time, and I think it would be better if you set Global Max Upload Slots to 4 and Global Min Upload Slots at 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Just one thing;

-I forgot to tell you that my max Dl speed is 128 kb/s also (verry slow I know). That can have an relation with what I want to configure or nothing ?

-My connection bandwidth (Dl/Up) slows down in some moments of the day (it's to the max during the night), so I can set my max Up speed in BitComet less than 80% ?

Thanks in advance.

The 80% should be a starting point, as your most efficient setting have to be determined by you, and could be different for each torrent.

I suggest you try different settents until you get what works best.

Suspect