To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Completed Files Lost! & Disk Space Mismatch

1st problem :

Yday i have dl the voices : fifa worldcup album..den dis morning i remove torrent oni from the bc...den i try open the file, the file was missing. I tried search for the folders, but couldnt get any result. The file was just missing but the disk space is consumed :angry: Now i nid to re-dl it. Any solution?

2nd problem :

Sometimes Ive dled some torrents dat no seeder half way. Then i try to remove the torrent as well as the file in bc (right click option there). After i've done so, i check the download location space, the space isnt reduced. It is still same as before I remove them. My case is 5gbs torrent ; after remove, the 5gbs still consumed but the files gone. Any solution for this?

When you removed torrents...which option did you choose?

Remove Task only OR Remove task & Downloaded files

When you remove task only, all of the torrent's files/folders will remain within your assigned Download Directory.

When you removed torrents...which option did you choose?

Remove Task only OR Remove task & Downloaded files

When you remove task only, all of the torrent's files/folders will remain within your assigned Download Directory.

Yea. Remove task ONLY. I supposed to have my downloaded files but were missing. Very odd. Even now I cant retrieve back. 5gbs still missing T_T

• 1 month later...

I had the same thing just happen to me. I had two downloads that were finished, and I right-clicked both at once and chose "remove task only" and only one of the two is still there. I did a complete system search for the missing file as well as trying the file recovery program "Restoration" and can not find it anywhere. It's as if it never existed. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Yeah, it's really weird. I've been using BC for a long time and have never had any problems, especially one like this. I was using an older version (.56), but I just installed the latest and I am redownloading the file.

At first I thought that I had just accidentally hit "remove task and all files" but then when I noticed that I still had the other file that I had highlighted at the same time was still there I was confused. And then when I used Restoration and the missing file wasn't there, and I did a complete system search and it wasn't there, I was even more confused. Especially since Restoration did have some completely different files from a torrent that I did select "remove task and all files" with before.

Try doing a listing of your default download directory to see what's actually there.

You may also want to reconfigure windows explorer to quit helpfully hiding things from you -- go through the options, and if it's hidden, show it.

• 1 month later...

I had the same thing just happen to me. I had two downloads that were finished, and I right-clicked both at once and chose "remove task only" and only one of the two is still there. I did a complete system search for the missing file as well as trying the file recovery program "Restoration" and can not find it anywhere. It's as if it never existed. Does anyone know why this would happen?

THE EXACT same thing just happened to me, word for word

For all those whose downloads have dissappeared, I don't understand why, but the same thing has happenned to me for quite a few files. And if the problem is the same, the files are there.

I downloaded several files through BC, but I could not manually see them, nor could windows find them, but BC was still uploading them, so they must of existed.

My Solution:

Depending on the file, open a program that can read them and browse for the file through the program, for some reason they show up there. For example, for an ISO file, i did the following and it worked great.

1. Downloaded the file through BC

2. Opened PowerISO

3. Selected open file and browsed to the BitCommet\Downloads directory

4. My file was listed there (even though I could not see it in explorer) so I clicked it and opened it.

5. From there I re-saved the file as another ISO from PowerISO in another directory. The new file is viewable from explorer.

6. To delete the old files after creating new visible ISO's, I browsed through PowerISO's explorer, found the old file again, and right clicked from PowerISO to delete it. Best solution I have come up with so far.

For a RAR, ZIP, TAR etc.

1. Downloaded the file through BC

2. Opened WinRAR

3. Selected open archive and browsed to the BitCommet\Downloads directory

4. My file was listed there (even though I could not see it in explorer) so I clicked it and opened it.

5. From there I highlighted and extracted all files to another directory. The new files are viewable from explorer.

6. To delete the old archives after creating new visible archives, I browsed through WinRAR's explorer, found the old WinRAR again, and right clicked from WinRAR to delete it.

(I assume you could also save it as another archive if you wanted to and it would accomplish the same thing.)

I hope this helps, and those who were wondering I am using BC .70 with Windows Vista RC1 (I don't know if anyone else is using Vista RC1 who had this problem, so it could presumably be a problem with Vista and not BC from my end.)

I hope this is helpful to some of you.