To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help file wont load up or install

seanjohnnyc

I downloaded the file, unrar it and mounted the image file on the virtual drive. It says the media is present on the virtual drive but when i double click the mounted image, nothing happens. The game wont install at all. I downloaded files before and mounted it and those games work but recently nothing is installing on the new files i dowloaded. Thanks ahead of time.

Open the mounted image in Windows explorer. Look first for a file in the root directory named "Setup.exe" and double-click that. If it's not there, look for a file called"autorun.exe" and double-click that. If it's not there either, look for a file caled "autorun.inf" and open it in notepad. It will tell you the path and name of the file that should be run.

Open the mounted image in Windows explorer. Look first for a file in the root directory named "Setup.exe" and double-click that. If it's not there, look for a file called"autorun.exe" and double-click that. If it's not there either, look for a file caled "autorun.inf" and open it in notepad. It will tell you the path and name of the file that should be run.

Thanks for the response. I downloaded nhl 07 but i see no exe. or auto run file in the folder. Therefore i cant install it. Any sugestions?

If this is indeed a PC game, there will be a setup file of some name on the disc somewhere, unless perhaps your not looking at the correct disc (example, disc two mounted, not disc one).

Otherwise, are you sure it is not another game type (ps2 or xbox for example).

If you provide a link to the page where you downloaded the torrent, we could have a look.

Suspect

have you looked at the orignal torrent, was there more then one disc?

If you provide a link to the page where you downloaded it, I can have a look.

Suspect

ps. another thought, it could be an "expansion pack" for a game (basically an add on for another game)