To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

have problem with port

ryan98

i try to port mapping as in the faq. but still i can not get the 'remote' peers.

here is the bitcomet log:

Windows XP ICF Status: Firewall TCP port is opened.[Local Area Connection]

Windows XP ICF Status: Firewall UDP port is opened.[Local Area Connection]

Windows XP WF Status: TCP Port is opened in Windows Firewall.

Windows XP WF Status: UDP Port is opened in Windows Firewall.

Update Local IP: 192.168.1.2

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

UDP tracker report: WAN IP = 60.x.x.x

Connected to UDP helper tracker on 2006-10-29 00:03

why is the UPnP stated that the device is not found?

please help me....

• 1 month later...
i try to port mapping as in the faq. but still i can not get the 'remote' peers.

Update Local IP: 192.168.1.2

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

UDP tracker report: WAN IP = 60.x.x.x

Connected to UDP helper tracker on 2006-10-29 00:03

why is the UPnP stated that the device is not found?

please help me....

Please read this article to understand why the device is not found.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886257

Now, follow these steps to solve your problem:

Test your port on www.canyouseeme.org If its positive then follow the next step. If its negative then u need to forward the port on your router. Please have a look at the portforwarding settings available on this forum for your router. Once ur port is successfully forwarded in ur router, follow the next step.

Disable Windows Firewall & connect to BitComet again. U will definitely see a change in Windows XP UPnP status.

Now, disconnect BitComet (At this point, I assume that Windows Firewall is Turned OFF). Now, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886257 and follow Method 2. Its more easy. Once you see the Default Gateway, close that window. Turn On Windows Firewall. Connect to BitComet and try downloading any torrent. Is your problem solved? Has your download speed increased?

It solved my problem. Wait for at least half hour to see a massive difference in downloading speed. After starting Bit Comet again, you will see the following changes in the Log file of the torrent:

Update Local IP: ***********

Windows XP ICS Status: TCP PortMapping Failed.

Windows XP ICS Status: UDP PortMapping Failed.

Windows XP UPnP Status: Found WAN Connection Device [*******, Inc.] []

Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: WANIPConnection

Windows XP UPnP Status: WAN IP: ***********

Windows XP UPnP Status: TCP Port Mapping Existed!

Windows XP UPnP Status: UDP Port Mapping Existed!

DO NOT BOTHER about ICS status. Please read this article before you really start thinking about it.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...2b14771033.mspx

Now, ask yourself, do you really want ICS?? If no, then ur done. If yes, then search for ICS configuration (for Windows XP) on www.microsoft.com

Gud Luck!!

Do NOT disconnect your firewall when you connect to the internet. This is awful advice and will compromise your system. If you've already done so, then you need to thoroughly disinfect your system with a virus scan, an adware scan, and a spyware scan. Do all three. Then never connect to the internet without a firewall again.

Ryan98, your IP tells me that you have a router. This does mean that you ignored the post that says "READ BEFORE POSTING", and didn't provide any of the information we ask for in order to assist you. Please do that now.

Since you have a router, you will need to forward your listen port on it. Visit portforward.com for instructions about how to do it. Don't ignore any of their instructions, btw.

Do NOT disconnect your firewall when you connect to the internet. This is awful advice and will compromise your system. If you've already done so, then you need to thoroughly disinfect your system with a virus scan, an adware scan, and a spyware scan. Do all three. Then never connect to the internet without a firewall again.

Ryan98, your IP tells me that you have a router. This does mean that you ignored the post that says "READ BEFORE POSTING", and didn't provide any of the information we ask for in order to assist you. Please do that now.

Since you have a router, you will need to forward your listen port on it. Visit portforward.com for instructions about how to do it. Don't ignore any of their instructions, btw.

Its really aweful. I feel like laughing. I must say I had exactly the same problem and i solved it. In all my posts, I've asked to disable the Windows Firewall and to ENABLE it again after configuring it. Please read carefully. Btw, I went through Bitdave's post while I was trying to understand and solve my problem. If the tracker response is ok and nothing is unusual in TRACKERS tab of the torrent, wat should we do then? lol

Why don't you read people's posts before telling them to turn off a firewall.

I try to port mapping as in the faq. but still i can not get the 'remote' peers.

BitComet auto set up his firewall for him. If his router does not have UPnP support (incompatible or not there at all) or does not have it turned on it won't do any good to tell BC to use it.

UPnP is not reliable to use at all because there is no set standard for it. That is why so much effort is put forth with port forwarding guides.