To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Nothing happens

If your new to bittorrent then you should go through this guide to figure out how to download stuff

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=205

after you figure out how to download torrents then go through our Settings Guide(link in my sig)

Thanks for the advice bitdave, I have used bitcomet very sucessfully before but after reinstalling it when I go to a torrent page I.E. Mybitorrent and download something nothing appears on the transfer screen, whereas before I had to reinstall it the file did. I am trying everything but still no joy.

Hi,

While you await for a reply by bitdave, can you please describe exactly what point you are stuck on? then he or I can assist you.

First of all, you have downloaded the "file.torrent", so this file is now on your hard drive, correct?

Have you then tryed to execute it? or did you try to start bit comet first, then open the file from within bit comet?

Please give as much detail as possible, as your post is quite vague, which makes it hard for our staff to help you.

Suspect

Hi,

While you await for a reply by bitdave, can you please describe exactly what point you are stuck on? then he or I can assist you.

First of all, you have downloaded the "file.torrent", so this file is now on your hard drive, correct?

Have you then tryed to execute it? or did you try to start bit comet first, then open the file from within bit comet?

Please give as much detail as possible, as your post is quite vague, which makes it hard for our staff to help you.

Suspect

Hi UnUsualsuspect,

Thanks fo replying to my problem.

The process I used to go through before I had to reinstall Bitcomet was that I went to a torrent site, mainly MyBittorent, found the file I wanted, right clicked on it and the dialogue box came up and I right clicked save, another box appeared with the torrents details and to the right of it there were options, download via Bitorrent, Download Via Usenet, I right clicked on Via Bitorrent and the dialogue box asked if I wanted to save it in the allocated directory, I clicked yes and the download began with all the information appearing in the transfer box at the top of the screen giving me the Download speed and it's progress in %. What happens now is that I find the torrent the same way but once I right click it to save nothing happens, apologies if my explaination is technical but I am a novice to this.