To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot Resume Download from previous

maverik00

I was using bitcomet 0.57, now i have formatted the PC and installed the new version 0.75 but even though i had backed up the Incomplete File Downloaded so that i can start from where i had left off the new version does not permit me to do that... Its starting the download all over again though i have copied the backed up Incomplete Files in the same Download Directory!

Please Help- I dont Want to start the massive 3GB Download all Over Again...

And just a news Flash- I have formatted my PC several times but have never faced this problem ever, it has successfully resumed the left over download all the times, But Now.

:o

You need to double-check the file names, specifically the extensions.

BitComet has an option to add an extension, ".bc!", to incomplete downloads. That makes it easy to look at the download directory listing and tell which ones haven't finished yet. But this can create confusion when changing versions, so you need to make sure something like that didn't happen.

More likely though is that the incomplete file is not where you think it is, or your default download directory isn't where you think it is. You can change the download location for any particular torrent (properties), so make sure it's pointing to the right place. Or make sure the file's in the right place.

I to have a prob. when my BC has frozen up and tells me it has a runtime prob. and shuts down...when I restart it I have lost ALL my dl and have to start over again. I have the hash-check ticked off and have done what I have read in the FAQ's to improve dl speed which has worked, but this starting over again when I have the box ticked for auto-resume upon startup and it doesn't is a pain...

Thanks for help,

Sapph

If your system crashes, and your torrents start over at zero percent, you can then stop the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check" and after a few minutes (or longer for big files) it will resume the download from previous level.

Suspect

I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I started a large torrent (around 15gb) on a different computer. They did not complete and I have shifted them onto my PC and put them in C:\Program Files\BitComet\downloads\. I don't know what to do from here. Nothing shows up in BitComet- the files I transferred don't but others do. Any help would be much appreciated. =D

If your system crashes, and your torrents start over at zero percent, you can then stop the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check" and after a few minutes (or longer for big files) it will resume the download from previous level.

Suspect

nsiGht,

Do just as I discribed here, and it will work.

Suspect