To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

New_have questions

new_mv

Hi I am very new at bit comet and tracker and all that..

Anyway, I have read through the forums and FAQ, but the questions I have do not seem to posted anywhere.

Peers: What do the IP addresses listed in the Peers mean?

Download: I have been downloading a file since last night (approx 15 hours) and it is only 259mb, why would it take so long?

Which tracker: No question here, but I have read through some of the forums and am begining to think that bitcomet, is not likely to be the right tool for me as at this stage, all I want to do is download files. So will start to check out a few others, but if anybody has any suggestions (or a link to another post in the forums).

with thanks

mv

• 3 weeks later...

peers in the peer meniu are other computers that give or take from you bits of info 2 keep the swarm running...

I don't know about the download or the isp or the firrewall or the settings you made might have influenced the torrents speed badly

suggestions? like what? say if you have problems and you will get suggestions...

Hi,

Anyway, I have read through the forums and FAQ, but the questions I have do not seem to posted anywhere.

Are you sure that you've read here?:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=205

Within this Guide (the first of many others that are 'pinned'), I'm sure that you will find all of the answers that you're looking for.

cassie :)