To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet isn't connecting to anything anymore

We are not mind readers. You didnt give very much info to help us figure out your problem.

Can you please post some screenshots of Bitcomet with various tabs open (like the trackers, log, statistics, etc)

Check out my guide for posting screenshots if you dont know how

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=3881

use the eraser to edit out info you dont want people to see (like the torrents you're downloading)

no, installation of firefox has nothing to do with it

Wow. Zero views. Nobody cares enough to even looks. That's splendid.

You post a question on a volunteer forum on a Saturday of all days during midday and expect a response in under an hour! And yes Bitdave did respond to you in less than an hour, lucky you.

Sense you only gave us a bit of information I'd recommend downgrading to 0.70 as the later non-stable versions have problem connection to peers at times.

Wow. Zero views. Nobody cares enough to even looks. That's splendid

Bit Comet is a Free program, and our forum is staffed with IT professional who donate their time to help the file sharing comunity.

I like to see all posts answered within 24hours, but this doesn't always happen.

I am however shocked that you would complain that no one answered you within a hour...

If you are not happy with the level of free support we offer, and can't resolve the problem yourself, I suggest you hire a consultant, or collage student to come resolve your porblem for you. after all, geeks have to eat too.

Suspect

I will add that it is very possible that Southern Illinois University doesn't allow Peer to peer downloading such as Bit torrent.

If your not sure, I would check with Charles Cambell.

I could send you his phone number and email address if you like.

Suspect

agag

Good man, good man. That's cool how you can detect everything. SIU does not allow big name things like Azureus or Limewire, but they don't know about BitComet, which is good for me because it has always been my favorite program. It's within the past week that downloads have just completely stopped. But based on that response, did the screenshots I posted tell you that it should be working right, or what's the deal?

One more thing, the reason I said that was because 3 or 4 topics were getting replies in that time, while not even a single view was shown on this one, meaning that people were around posting at other places, but didn't care enough to even look here. I get jealous.

Azureus is also a bit torrent client, just as bit comet is. I don't think they could block one, without blocking the other as well.

Although it might be possible to bypass their detection, if you do, and download a large amount of stuff, you will likely be discovered.

Suspect

No no, what I'm saying is that they don't have any protection against p2p itself. All they can do is block individual programs, and BitComet is not blocked. If it was, they would make me uninstall it before I could use the internet at all. Now will you please help me?

No no, what I'm saying is that they don't have any protection against p2p itself.

And you know this how?

I dont know if this is your SIU but see here

it this isnt your SIU then do a search on google for yours and include the term bittorrent

If they have indeed starting blocking all bittorrent traffic, it is their network and if you use it in violation of their rules you could possibly be expelled. Even if you find a way around it through encryption, proxys, and tunneling, if their network is set up right they will still be able to tell that you're using p2p.

Mmmm. That indeed is my SIU, however that is indeed over a year old. I've used torrents extensively in my time here, as does everyone I know. Other people have been able to connect fine, that's why I know it's something wrong with my computer. They honestly don't know s***. They know the official BitTorrent client. That's it!

But it's weird... I got a show to download in about 20 minutes today. It just connected right away and got great speeds. Then, right afterwards, it was back to normal. I went for the next episode, and it never connected to any seeds all day.

One thing you might want to consider is that many uploaders use peer guardian, and could have educational IP addresses blocked, since PG has a block list for them.

I'm not sure why people would want to block them, but if I was uploading anything that would attract attention, I might be inclined to block as many as possible. You can't be too careful now a days, like what happened with the starwars movie a couple years ago.

Suspect