To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Question about .r00 files

the_newb

I just downloaded a movie and it has a bunch of .r00 .r01 .r23 you get the idea.. well anyway how do i burn this to a DVD.. do I just burn the .r files right into the VIDEO_TS folder or do I need a program to change the file extensions or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks B)

No what your dealing with is most likly rar files. Rar is a compression type, when you see .r00, .r01 they are part of a archive that has been broken into chunks. Normally theres also a .rar file with the same name, and thats the one you need to open. You'll need some type of compression software that supports .rar, which is fairly common now. Goto www.nonags.com and look through the compression util section untill you see one that looks good.

I don't know if XP can open rar files on its own, I know that they added some support for some types of compression.

Yeah its a big file right? .Img extention is used by alot cd/dvd burning applications. If you don't have one go back to nonags to get one. If that img file is bigger then 700 MB then you need one that can burn dvd's. I'm hoping you have a cd or dvd burner. If not you can still view the movie without burning, I'll figure out how to get you the files if you need to do this.

Yea I want to burn it.. the file is 4 gigs. and every single rar file is has a single .img file. How do I burn this file so I can have it as a DVD?

Its not that every rar file has a img file, its that every rar file has parts of the img file. Basicly that single img file is broken up into chunks around 100 MB size. The advantage of doing that is that say your download is corupted, you would only have to redownload the chunks that were corupt instead of the whole 4 GB file. When you choose extract it should reassemble the whole file, opening all the rar files. All you have to do after that is burn the image. There should be a option in just about any burner software to 'burn from img file', or 'open disc img'.

I need to correct some bad information here...

a CDr disc can hold at least 795mb of video, and much more if you enable overburning.

Some discs can overburn upto 875mb, but I would not attempt to burn over 840 or so, unless yoiu are sure the brand of disc can go beyond that. Since you will rarely see a cd disc image larger then 820mb, pretty much any disc brand will work

A cdr disc is only limited to 700mb when it is fully formatted as a DATA disc.

Suspect

There is only one file to burn which is the .img file you extract the rar files. As above each rar file contain a part of it. Choose the first to extract and you will get a simgle .img file.

Besure when following this advice, that you burn this file as a "disc image", not simply copying that file onto a data disc.

Suspect

• 4 months later...
No, you right click and select "extract here" and everything will be fine.

Just wanted to say THANKS, I downloaded a TV show that was all R?? files and have been trying to figure out to reassemble them, so I could watch it, and your comment did the trick. I use Winace and just right clicked on the RAR file and selected "extract here" and presto! I have an AVI file that I can watch or burn to DVD or whatever I want. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

§ R.I.P §