To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

need help on initiation

feng83

hi to the admin and staff here. on my peer list, the tab [ initiation ] i have the status on it which was NAT TRAVERAL..... what does it mean normally it would be like remote or local. i want to know what does it mean.

i have a serious problem also i just can't connect to remote peer. i can only connect to local peers. i am using a modem direct connection to my com and NO router involved which mean i do not need to portforward can anyone help me solve the connection problem???

thankz in advance

I would suspect that you have a firewall or security software partially blocking bit torrent traffic.

You can test your listening port at canyouseeme.org

If you get any reply other then "open", then something is blocking the port. It could be you have another program using the port as well, so try another.

Report your findings, and our tech support will review.

Suspect

I would suspect that you have a firewall or security software partially blocking bit torrent traffic.

You can test your listening port at canyouseeme.org

If you get any reply other then "open", then something is blocking the port. It could be you have another program using the port as well, so try another.

Report your findings, and our tech support will review.

Suspect

i have done the test at canyouseeme.org and the report is

Success: I can see your service on 5x.1xx.2xx.1xx on port (42086)

Your ISP is not blocking port 42086

i have the port needed to be open which i have configured. anyway to help me i just can't connect to remote peer. in my peer list i have remote n local peers but cannot d/l or connect to remote peers. funny?? anyway to help me connect to the remote peers??

If you have peers listed as "remote", then you are connected to them. If you weren't connected, they wouldn't be listed.

Suspect

ok. but y there is no sending speed to me?? connected but 0kbp/s no sending speed to me?? how to solve it??

If you have remotes and locals (your NAT Traversals seems to be gone???) you should get good values IF you have a good torrent with the good ratios.

Try this popular tv-show. Below you find the torrent.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3554126/South.....DSRip.XviD-aAF

(currently, for testing, I have a ration of 138 seeders and 149 leechers)

If that doesn't download, please reply back with your BitComet settings or read the Settings Guide on this Forum

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=533

Mod, I assume that's not illegal to post a TV-show torrent for testing purposes. If illegal, please delete my reply and will be sorry (it won't happen again).

Petch01

If you have remotes and locals (your NAT Traversals seems to be gone???) you should get good values IF you have a good torrent with the good ratios.

Try this popular tv-show. Below you find the torrent.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3554126/South.....DSRip.XviD-aAF

(currently, for testing, I have a ration of 138 seeders and 149 leechers)

If that doesn't download, please reply back with your BitComet settings or read the Settings Guide on this Forum

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=533

Mod, I assume that's not illegal to post a TV-show torrent for testing purposes. If illegal, please delete my reply and will be sorry (it won't happen again).

Petch01

hey please read man!!! is not the ratio thing or seeder...i have a torrent of 1000+ seeder. but i just can't get any sending speed from remote peers only can get speed from local peers. U UNDERSTAND?? the problem is how am i going to connect and get speed from remote peers. i was connect at 0kbp/s all the thing no speed at all. HOW TO SOLVE IT???

hey please read man!!! is not the ratio thing or seeder...i have a torrent of 1000+ seeder. but i just can't get any sending speed from remote peers only can get speed from local peers. U UNDERSTAND?? the problem is how am i going to connect and get speed from remote peers. i was connect at 0kbp/s all the thing no speed at all. HOW TO SOLVE IT???

I don't think that you will get any help with YOUR KIND OF ATTITUDE.

Petch01

I don't think that you will get any help with YOUR KIND OF ATTITUDE.

Petch01

petch01 if u r here to help then reply if not plz go away. think u also don't know how to solve and don't talk big, if u know please share to proof it otherwise don't talk big here. i think many people also expercience this problem it would be kind of you to help us solve it.

Hey... I have exactly the same problem like yours.... If you know the answer in the future, please tell me the solutions, ok? I really wish to know the answers.... Thank you very very much....

pepsi80

hi may i know r u singaporean?? and r u on maxonline?? which part u live in?? like to know more in details

Hi feng,

Do you know if your ISP throttles B/T traffic?

If so, you might be accepting remote connections from peers that don't have protocall encryption enabled, so you might try setting yours to "always".

Generally, when your connected to peers that send nothing, or almost nothing, it is because that peer is running multiple torrents, therefore having almost no bandwidth to provide upload. This is the biggest problem facing B/T today.

Also, if your client isn't uploading much, the peers will send most data to others. If you are uploading more then your downloading, then you might have to limit your upload a bit, and it could be causing your client to react slowly to requests, and these peers will move on to other peers that respond more timely.

This is all covered in our settings guides, so I recommend you go through them throughly, if you havn't already.

Suspect