To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet .70 Crashing with I.E. 7

selrah

Well I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, if it is please forgive me. Any ways I just upgrade Internet Explorer to 7 and now in bitcomet when I click on a link to say TorrentReactor or whatever Bitcomet instantly crashes like a dope addict going clean. Hopefully its something wrong with I.E 7 or my own computer and not with Bitcomet. But I figure I'd post this anyways.

Thanks in advance, Selrah

(will try Firefox out, but damn having to download another browser just to click some links sucks :-) )

Well I'm currently using BitComet 0.70 and the final release(!) of IE7, version 7.0.5730.11, and don't have this problem or any problem at all related (or could be related) to BitComet.

Hmm must be my computer then, because I have the same. BitComet 0.70 - IE7, version 7.0.5730.11

BitComet's IE is only a shell. It uses the IE modules on your system so it doesn't have to install a browser. That's why it uses IE instead of FireFox or Opera, which is better than both IE & FF.

Set BitComet not to open links in the client. Then it will open the Favorites links in your default browser, which is better than the old IE shell.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, if it is please forgive me. Any ways I just upgrade Internet Explorer to 7 and now in bitcomet when I click on a link to say TorrentReactor or whatever Bitcomet instantly crashes like a dope addict going clean. Hopefully its something wrong with I.E 7 or my own computer and not with Bitcomet. But I figure I'd post this anyways.

Thanks in advance, Selrah

(will try Firefox out, but damn having to download another browser just to click some links sucks :-) )

I have the same problem!!!

The 0.70 keeps crushing

I tried 0.77 but it wouldn't even download it stays in 0 kb

The browsers I use are explorer, fire Foxe and Avant

the problem is it the 0.70 used to work for me perfectly!!

I don’t know what happen!!!

Can someone help please?

Thank you