To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Why always shown "Can't connect Tracker"???

Hi Casandra,

This means that the tracker is currently down/unavailable. If you're unable to connect to any peers at all. Stop the torrent, and start it again.

The tracker may also give you this message whenever your internet has just disconnected, and reconnected again by itself (this happens for all internet users, i.e. dial-up/adsl/cable). Your internet will only reconnect if you click on the checkbox redial if line is dropped.

Hi Soraiya,

First of all, i would like to say thank you for your helping. I have alot of doubt about this software. I saw two different blue arrow, what is the meaning?? What is the meaning of Seeds/Peers? How many Peers i have to collect? How could i know when finish download?

Once again thank you very much.

Your welcome ^_^ Don't worry, everyone has their first-time in using any software, especially these types of torrent-related ones.

As for your first question, have a look here:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showt...findpost&p=1319

Seeds are people in the torrent network who have 100% of your currently downloading torrent.

Peers include Seeds & Leechers, leechers are people who 'leech'/download that torrent. I.e. You are a leecher at the moment, since you're downloading the torrent.

You will know when your download is finished by either looking at the Percentage (%) within your torrent task. i.e. 50% means you're halfway completed.

Just in case if you were wondering. The U/D ratio means your uploaded ratio versus your downloaded ratio (How much you've uploaded to peers versus how much you've downloaded), a good U/D ratio is 1.0 this means that you're giving back as much as you downloaded. This helps to keep the torrent community alive.

Kind Regards

BitComet team

P.s. This guide may also assist you with using the torrent network: http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=205

This means that your distributed hash table isn't enabled. It basically acts like another tracker, connecting to peers.

You can enable this option for all public torrents by clicking on Options --> Preferences---> Advanced --> Click the checkbox Add DHT network as backup tracker.

Please note that the DHT network will only enable if its for public torrents, private torrents from version 0.61 onwards no longer facilitates the running of the DHT network.

If the DHT network checkbox (I assume you're referring to the Download task Properties box of the specific torrent) part is greyed out (or in other words disabled), this means that the torrent you're currently downloading is private. If so, then you cannot enable DHT network for that particular torrent.

Since BitComet released version 0.61 we attempted to remove the 'cheating system' whereby users could bypass the private torrent's tracker and connect to the peers.

Regards

BitComet team

Let me make this simple. A lot of BT sites are down at the moment because a very popular ISP was raided and had all of their equipment taken. If you're getting a 10060 error for a tracker then its not there for whatever reason. If DHT is work then you'll be ok if there are people still seeding the .torrent. If not then fine another .torrent.

^^ Wasn't it a torrent search engine? Or...was an internet service provider also raided?

Anyhow I'm not too good with news. The main thing is, even if you have DHT enabled, it doesn't guarantee you with peers. It really depends upon how new/old the torrent is.

Though in Cassandra's screenshot I am intrigued as to why her BitComet isn't connecting to any peers at all...seeing how some trackers did manage to establish a connection to her client. prq tracker is quite alive...

Cassandra, can you send me the torrent or give me the direct torrent link itself, so that I can test a few things?

Hi there,

Thank you for the link, I'll register at the site and check out the torrent status. I'll also use the same BitComet version as you used in the screenshot as control.

Once I've completed the test, I'll reply back here explaining your situation. It could be that these torrents do not have peers or seeders at all, but that's the worst possible scenerio, hopefully we can avoid that.

EDIT: Hi Cassandra, Ok I've checked up on the torrent's tracker and health. Apparently it seems ok, though most of the torrents for your series there do have amount of peers & seeders. Here's what I'm thinking:

Solution

1. Open up BitComet --> Options --> Preferences

2. Click on Proxy under connection on your left hand side tab.

3. On Proxy Type --> Click on the arrow --> HTTP1.1

4. Next Open up your browser and go to proxy sites like: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ or http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

5. Paste the IP into Proxy server

6. In Proxy Port - Place the number after the " IP: " i.e. 202.222.2.1:54655

7. Press Ok, restart BitComet and/or downloads if required. Try the torrents again.

2nd solution

Head to this post: http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showt...findpost&p=1555 in my FAQ Because your ISP may have throttled your P2P downloads...

I'll post more solutions later

Hi Casandra,

Hm, so no luck at all?

Though I have tried downloading some of the torrents, and it seems to me that the trackers there supplied with the torrent aren't working as well. However, try downloading the 'bulk' torrents. The bulk torrent:

[TVB] The Dance of Passion - 火舞黃沙 [Episode 1-32] [bULK] (D2R) (bbsmovie)

Has more than 500 peers.