To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Private trackers

pjhaahl

Hey,

Using .70 and downloading via demonoid, and on noticing that my sharing ratio was being misreported, went through their FAQs, and found this

In order to connect to the tracker and get the files the .torrent file points to, you will need to have installed a BitTorrent Client. Please do not use BitComet, BitLord and its derivatives. They cause your ratio to be misreported, and cause transfer troubles.

Any ideas why?, can it be solved, am I stuck with using a different client for demonoid.

Have got DHT enabled on my global settings, but am now disabling it for individual torrents downloaded from demonoid - will this cure the issue?

cheers

Hi,

I think this is very outdated information, and refers to some dht issues that have been corrected with version .61.

As for using dht, it could cause a problem, but I use it with my demoniod torrents, and never noticed a problem. I have always maintained a ratio from 2.0-3.0.

Suspect

Ok Cheers,

I have disabled DHT now for the next two torrents I have scheduled so I will see what that does to my stats,

Definately am having a problem with misreporting though, as I have just logged on to my demonoid account and its showing an upload of just under 500Mb and download of 1.2G.

I know for a fact I have downloaded more than 3G and I have made sure that I have continued to seed until bittorrent shows a ratio of at least 2.0