To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

upload 100Kb+ n get nothing in return....

im usein bitcomet 0.66 and my connection is 25mbps

i use DMZ i forwarded port from local area connection and put the listen port to 50000 and above

before my isp decided to stop p2p the highest download speed i got was 900+kbps

so 2 months ago my isp block p2p traffice,my speed never go beyond 10kbps

so i set encryption to always, it solve the problem but i could never get back the speed i had

in order to increase my download rate i put golbal uploadspeed to unlimited

sometimes there are onli less then 10 peers(2-3seed) my upload was like 100+ my my download was only 20+

is there any ways to increase my download rate without increase my upload rate cause i hardly get any download from my peers thought i upload alot( this applys to all my download) :(

and my download rate is always very under stable it can drop from 30+ to 0 in sec.......

plz help mi

First, update to version .68.

Second, you can always limit the upload speed to have a bit more control over things, but it all depends on your tracker and how many peers happen to have certain files.

Many other people often lower the upload rate, thus not letting you download at full speed. 20KB/S is still really good for me, and I always seem to upload more than I download for the reason above.

If your ISP filters p2p there isnt much you can do.

You already put encryption on always

you can try changing your port, sometimes there are certain ports that will work for various ISPs

Try downloading this legal torrent and see what happens

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

if it's slow then call your ISP and complain cause it should be legal to download.

There are many legal uses for bittorrent

If your ISP filters p2p there isnt much you can do.

You already put encryption on always

you can try changing your port, sometimes there are certain ports that will work for various ISPs

Try downloading this legal torrent and see what happens

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

if it's slow then call your ISP and complain cause it should be legal to download.

There are many legal uses for bittorrent

i try the link given above the speed was about 30+kbps

actually i've call them twice already their reply was that they did not stop any p2p traffic..... which was not ture as many of the people who is under the same isp have experince the same problem as me

noone really dare to compain to much about that since most of the time p2p is used for illegal stuff

now i really regart for signing the 3 years contract with them

thank for your time guess that nothing much to do if the isp block p2p traffic

Whoa...3 years contract, that is definitely a bugger. I suppose, that's probably the reason why your ISP wasn't that twitchy when I blocked you from using illegal p2p downloads.

The most you can do is switch ISPs the moment your contract ends. Though, if u use the internet mainly because of torrent downloading, I would suggest you to consider the breaking of the contract fee, since it'll be worthless if you're paying like $80 a month on your internet if you can't even make full use of the bandwidth.

P.S. I'm not sure...but have you tried proxying your IP? But then again, if your encryption failed to work...then there isn't much we can help you with.

You can try using a secure proxy for tracker comunications.

The way some ISPs are just killing everything except HTTP traffic now is getting out of hand. The mod over at µTorrent has made jokes about making the next upgrade to PE to disguise its self as HTTP traffic. Some people can only hope.