To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bit Commet Download Problem on Windows Vista

dash21

Hi there, theres a problem that i found when i installed the latest version of bitcommet at Windows vista.

When i download a file, it downloads correctly BUT when i open the destination file, it says that the destination may have been changed or placed somhere else! But when i open the preferences tab, it shows me the directory and where the file got downloaded to' - its basically inacessable. So the only thng that i could do was restart the download again and change my destination Folder for my downloads.

I hope that you could fix this, Nways good worl bit commet! :D

This is not a bit comet problem. Your settings in vista is blocking you from viewing the files in your programs files directory.

This is microsoft (again) thinking people don't need to know what files are on their computer.

When I get around to installing vista, I will post instructions to enable viewing of program files, but in the meantime, the simple fix is to change your download folder location to "my documents" or "desktop".

In order to try to help microsofts victoms, we have changed the default download location in the new client to c:\downloads

Suspect

Hi,

For Vista users: Go to the folder where you installed Bitcomet and look at the downloads folder of Bitcomet. If you dont see any files even if it is fully downloaded, just click on the "compatibility files" button on top of the folder window. You will see your files..

hello guys im back again i have another bug for vista!

Allthough the upgrade is sweet because they have managed to make an automatic folder, when i re installed everything this stym a new problem occurd Bit comment wouldnt listen to my ports, secnd when i launch it open there are to Bit commet windows that come out (one from the previous installation and another from a new installation) Mind you i have alread un installed it and reinstalled it, but to no sucess- it still hass an arror dialogue box that comes out everytim i thry to continue what ive downloaded...

Thr roundabout here is to delete the tasks only so the previous temporary files of the original installation will be deleted. Then re launch the torrent file and continue the download.

hello guys im back again i have another bug for vista!

Allthough the upgrade is sweet because they have managed to make an automatic folder, when i re installed everything this stym a new problem occurd Bit comment wouldnt listen to my ports, secnd when i launch it open there are to Bit commet windows that come out (one from the previous installation and another from a new installation) Mind you i have alread un installed it and reinstalled it, but to no sucess- it still hass an arror dialogue box that comes out everytim i thry to continue what ive downloaded...

Thr roundabout here is to delete the tasks only so the previous temporary files of the original installation will be deleted. Then re launch the torrent file and continue the download.

dash21,

Can you please correct your spelling using the "edit" function. This post is hard for even English speakers to understand.