To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

KVCD + Flashdrive

Meverick

That is a good question...

I have never tried this, but I'm sure there is a way to do it. You could "mount" the disc image in a virtual cdrom drive, then copy the "mpeg" only your usb drive, or perhaps copy all four folders.

You could also extract the mpeg with any "iso" editing program.

let me know if it works.

Another option would be to use cdrw discs, as they are reusable. However, I prefer to use cdr, as they are quite cheap, and provide a long lasting backup, so I don't have to keep them on my hard drives.

Suspect

Maybe I misunderstand, but this doesn't seem right.

If you want a kvcd disk that is burnt on your flash drive, that you can play on your DVD player, then you simply write/burn the disk image you downloaded, to the flash drive, as an image. You've been burning the AVI files as data, presumably. Most DVD burning software has the option to open and burn disk images as well, so just choose that.

Thanks to you both! I didn't know if Kvcd would work the same as if burning to CD.I know KVCD as it's probs when watched on a PC as a disc image and thought this may be the same when copied to flashdrive.I'll try it though and post back.

I do already know I can re-code them To almost any format,what I'd like to do is write to my flashdrive(1gb),the same file size as burning a KVCD.

I hope this makes sense. :D

Yes, I understand what you are wanting to do.

I can't really say if it will work or not, but I guess it depends on how your dvd player reads the usb drive. If you can burn a disc image onto it, and your player reads it like a disc, then it should be fine. If not, your dvd player might be able to play the mpeg file. You might have to rename it from .dat to .mpg though.

Regarding converting Kvcd. Because of kvcd's variable bit rate, its not a good video type to convert.

To try and explain it simply, in a part of the film where you are looking at a title screen, with just the name of the title, no motion video. Kvcd will slow the bit rate down very low, then during high speed video, the bit rate will be very high.

If you encode it to a constant bit rate, it will either speed all the bit rate to the maximum, making the video several times its original size, or lower the bit rate to the slowest, which will look horrible.

If you want to convert to another file type, like DVD, you are best to start with a different source. Converting Kvcd would be like melting a snowflake, then trying to turn the drop of water back into a snowflake.

Suspect

I got it to work by extracting the Mpeg file with Isobuster,then copying it to my flashdrive.I haven't sat through the whole movie to test it fully but it seems to have worked fine.

Thanks to both of you. :D

There's probably dozens of different ways to do this so I'll keep testing.

I also converted the mpeg file with vcd gear,dat. to mpeg and then dragged it straight to flashdrive.works good.

Learnt about vcd gear from tus group site.Thanks for putting me on to it T.U.S.