To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Using BitComet With the New Windows Vista

Hi!!!

I have been using BitComet for over a year, and it works perfectly for me, but recently I install the new windows Vista from microsoft in one of my computers just to check it out. The graphics are amazing and the i notice that Windows Vista share some similarities with linux and Mac. But this is not the point,

when I install Bitcomet in the new operating system, it works fine, i can do the search with any problem but then when I try to download any torrent, it just dosen't work.

i can't downlad any file at all. using the new windows vista from microsoft, Let me know if anyone have install this Os in their systems....... please let me know if you found the same problem.....

It's probably Vista's firewall. Vista's firewall blocks outgoing as well as incoming. Also remember that's still a beta, so be sure to send error reports if you can.

And yes you will notice that Vista is similiar to Linux because it has Unix built into it, so Microsoft says you will be able to run Linux programs in Vista.

Hi, I'm Ari Pernick from Microsoft Windows Networking, we have heard about some issues with bitcomet on Vista from our beta user feedback. We would love to help out in any way we can. If an admin would drop me an email we can start from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Ari Pernick from Microsoft Windows Networking, we have heard about some issues with bitcomet on Vista from our beta user feedback. We would love to help out in any way we can. If an admin would drop me an email we can start from there.

Hi there, I run build 5456 and Bitcomet as well as uTorrent work great or so it seems.

When you start downloading/uploading with a torrent after a while Vista freezes completely.

The mouse doesn't work, the keyboard doesn't work and the only way out is a hard reset.

I only have this problem when using Bitcomet or uTorrent (haven't tried any other torrent clients)

edit: Azureus does the same.