To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Speed Problem

Hello there...i am using bitcomet and i have a little problem.I'm using 512Kbps and my download speed is 17 to 30 KB/s.Why this?must be 50 at least i think.

i have static ip and port forward the ports of bitcomet in my router.also the torrents are the best i can download...

A little help please..

Tnx

TOM <_<

Hello there...i am using bitcomet and i have a little problem.I'm using 512Kbps and my download speed is 17 to 30 KB/s.Why this?must be 50 at least i think.

i have static ip and port forward the ports of bitcomet in my router.also the torrents are the best i can download...

A little help please..

Tnx

TOM <_<

possibly your isp is restricting p2p

force encription in BC settings

possibly your isp is restricting p2p

force encription in BC settings

sorry but i don't understand "force encription in BC settings".

if you meen the "enable UPnP mapping" is uncheck.

and what is isp??

sorry but i'm new...

Hi Devblast,

BitComet's latest released versions have a stable, and enforced encrpytion mode built-in for users who have been suffering from the ISP throttling action. Please be advised that this does not guarantee 100% that you will be able to re-obtain the 'best' speeds, but with each and every update to our client Rnysmile has enhanced this encryption.

I'd also like to thank you for bringing up this topic, so that it can be added to our FAQ.

ISP means Internet Service Provider, i.e. The company you're currently using for your internet services/connections.

You can enable this within Bitcomet by following these steps:

1. Open BitComet (ensure that its not an old version like 0.60 or below) to: Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection
  2. Locate "Protocol Encryption" Here you can choose between 'auto-detect' or 'always'. Always is a safer option for users who are fully aware that their under ISP throttling. For those who aren't sure, use 'auto-detect' first, this allows your client to receive more connections, but may lead to lower encryption. Our Recommendation is for to use "Auto-detect" first, if you do not find any change in speed, then use 'always'.
    bitcometencrypt.gif