To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Fix Half Open Connections Please

I have a Great program patch, we all need to use it, it unlocks the Half Open ports blocked by windows from 10 to a redicules number!!! I found it at http://www.lvllord.de/?url=tools#4226patch/ all the instructions are there. Mine are set to 5000 and have had no probs, download speeds went thro the roof, about 350kbs on an average day, but if we all had it slow downloads would become a ting of the past........ If there is anyway you could incorperate it into BitComet, it would help neebies, and us too,

Thanks in advance

That would be a really really bad idea. For starters most people don't actually understand how the TCP/IP limit works. And the big problem is that "patch" is way out of date. It doesn't work right with fully updated versions of XP and it doesn't work at all with XP Media Center.

When I say doesn't work right I mean it causes TCP/IP conflicts & errors. When I say doesn't work at all I mean it will kill your internet connection compleatly and you'll have to do a system restore.

Been running it for months on an official version of XP, and as of yet, no windows probs, media player 10 works fine and I still use internet with no probs, both on IE6 and 7 and never had to do a system restore ever!!!!! Works fine for me, sorry mate

Anyhow, if we really wanted to fix this issue, it wouldn't even be related to the BitComet client itself. The TCP/IP issue is with Windows and not our client.

We do not recommend users installing 3rd party patches/software. If users do however want 3rd party hardware, then we're fine with that.

Well after 6 months (sorry speak spanish) i found the perfect settings for bitcomet (i do with Bitcomet 0.62), because before i put this settings, my internet not work and de Download Speed average was 12 Kbs. Well

I have a connection 512Kbps (64KB download/? upload), and a router Linksys Befsr41. I Put in windows and static IP, and go to router setup and put port fordwaring to the port of Bitcomet, and my static new IP. Then, go to Conection and change download speed to Unlimited and in upload speed put %50 of your capacity of upload. I use port 12492. In Advanced try to put some trackers of "respaldo. In Advanced/Conection enabled DHT network, and in my case (i use win 2000) deactivate Firewall ICS/ICF, mapping uPnP, and eliminate port configuration in firewall. NOW Come the better part..."ranuras" avaliable max for upload:25,

half time conections TCP max: 85.

And thats all my download speed now is 55Kbs and Upload 6 Kbs "average". I have DSL connection, with the router all with these correct settings and it was INCREDIBLE!.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH DOWNLOAD SPEED, TRY THIS CINFIGURATION AND PLEASE, TELLME LATER...

It Really Works

fROM Argentina... ArielE