To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unexpected end of file

bengua

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me, when I download a full DVD files ( usually 4.36 gig ) ant it takes about 3 to 5 days in ISO or IMG format, I extract it with power iso and it never fail I get a message " unexpected end of file " then it extract and I burn it to a DVD. the DVD will never play the last 1/2 hour of the movie, it freezes.

Regardless wether I play it on my PC or a DVD player, wether it is a PAL or NTSC format it always does it.

Please help..... :(

Try some other burning program, like ImgBurn, and see if that produces the same result.

You can also try a virtual drive tool, like Alcohol 120% or Daemon tools, to mount the image in a virtual drive and try to play it. That should narrow down the cause of the problem.

ISO or IMG format, I extract it with power iso

ISO and IMG are NOT archives that you should extract. They are carefully prepared Disc Images, which are ready to burn.

Imgburn is a free program that does a great job burning disc images...

http://www.imgburn.com/

you can also burn or mount them with Alcohol 120%

Nero or any other popular burning software will burn disc images too.

I would also recommend you set your client to do a final hash check after download finishes. If you continue to get incomplete files after download is complete, then it is very likely you have a problem with your system. Some possible causes that you will want to scan for are, Viruses, Spyware, Addware, Malware, Failing hard drive sectors and/or fragmented hard drive. All of these should be scanned for and repaired regularly even if you havn't had a problem.

Suspect