To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

can not start the program

liad

I am having the same problem! I just upgraded from .70 to .79 and when I tried to launch the application, I got:

Runtime Error

R6030

CRT Not Initialized

I have since rolled back to version .70 with no problems, but would like to know why I am unable to run v.79

I have WinXP and am connected via cable broadband.

I have searched the FAQ, and other posts to no avail. Please help if you can!

I am having the same problem! I just upgraded from .70 to .79 and when I tried to launch the application, I got:

Runtime Error

R6030

CRT Not Initialized

I have since rolled back to version .70 with no problems, but would like to know why I am unable to run v.79

I have WinXP and am connected via cable broadband.

I have searched the FAQ, and other posts to no avail. Please help if you can!

hi i have the same problem and i would like to go back to .70 but where can i find it?

thank you

It's basically a program bug that affects your system. That doesn't mean anything's wrong with your system, just that some initialization wasn't done or wasn't done properly by the program., and some other systems let it get away with that while yours does not. 0.79 is not a stable version, so this kind of thing happens. It's nothing you need to worry about though.

elenacander, you can get 0.70 here: http://download.bitcomet.com/achive/BitComet_0.70_setup.exe

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have this problem too.

I reinstalled net framework but nothing happens.

Is there anyone who knows why bitcomet 0.90 doesn't work.

Says on the bitcomet page that it's the latest STABLE release.

Never had a problem with downloading and installing bitcomet but this one wont work.

Not 0.84 through 0.89 either.

Please respond. It's pretty annoying... :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. I've searched day and night in forums and faq's abouth the "won't open/runtime error". The only solution for now is to work with version 0.70. I think BitComet should pay some (more) attention to this problem because it's widespread. BitComet will lose users if this problem won't be solved. For my part; I don't want to use an old version for ever so at a point I will have to use another torrent client. I don't care if it's a windows XP or BitComet problem; Microsoft will do nothing abouth it so BitComet should come up with a patch/guide to fix it. That's just business; the small company follows the large one...

• 1 month later...

If you've got Logitech Webcam (like I do), then you've got its installed programmes...

Try "shutting down": "LVPrcSrv.exe"

{Placed deliberately on a separate line}

from your task manager {processes}, when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del... This program seems to change some minor thingies when it gets into memory... My firewall notifies me whenever it messes with my Firefox, and when it does, Firefox does not work {due to settings in my firewall, of course, in case of memory/program rules alteration}!! It fixes the bug for me, after I close this process! ;)