To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

AUDIO PROBS

mitdandog

Hi, I have a slight problem with the audio on converted DVD's. I mainly use [whatever] avi's that I convert to DVD. The video is great, and you can understand the sound, but it seems to have a muffled/hollow/basey sound to it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause this, and if there is a way to fix the problem?

it could be that your encoding software isn't able to properly read the audio encoding. Updating your codecs could resolve this.

Since you were very unspecific in your description, it's not possible to give any specific answers.

Suspect

Thanks for the reply. I really don't know how to be anymore specific. When the converted DVD's are played on a stereo and 5.1 surround system, the sound seems to have a muffled and hollow sound. I thought that I had already downloaded and installed the correct codecs. I currently have AC3 filter ver 1.11. Is there any better AC3 codec/filter that I should be using?

The other issue I suppose is that the AVI that I have downloaded are MP3 48000Hz 96 kb/s CBR (2 chnls). Could it be the 2 channels be the problem?

A lot would depend on how you are doing the conversion, and what you're doing it with. This isn't really a simple subject at all, but that's where I'd look for the problem. Most programs that promise to make it simple usually fail on something like this -- they've made it too simple, made too many assumptions that often don't apply to specific cases.

Whatever you're using to do the conversion, first idea is to try something else.